EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

DO YOU LOVE CARTOON?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

Postby Tora » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:49 am

won't be surprised if someone dies from green envy :mrgreen:
several months ago a public channel appeared on Russian television - it's free and it broadcasts only cartoons. I'm already addicted. Here is a small amount of cartoons represented there:
- Robot Chicken (hilarious - at night shown untranslated) :lol:
- all that super hero stuff including Spiderman, Batman, Ninja Turtles and so on
- a cartoon I have never heard about before - Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons - pretty old but I like it - shown untranslated in the morning;
- masterpieces of the Universe - the Simpsons, Futurama and of less attraction to me - Family Guy;
- former MTV shows (I mean first appeared for us on the music television) Daria, Celebrity Deathmatch, Southpark, and the only thing I don't like at all - Beavis and Butt-head :roll:

also included - Angry Kid, Lenore, :!: Pinky and Brain :!: , The Flinstones, Home Videos, Jetsons, etc.
Moreover - the best of Russian cartoon industry!

Yes, I love cartoons :lol:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby YAYO » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:55 pm

for my the best cartoon is Alejo and Valentin. It deals with on a pair Argentine children who let fly their imagination, they along with his friends try to do everything what she gives the desire him. But already in serious terms, tha cartoon does one criticizes of the society in general
YAYO
Silver Member

Postby MONCHO » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 am

I hate cartoons, I believe there are for childrens and not for adult people, obvious when I was a kid, saw cartoons, but not now.
MONCHO

Postby iamvitaly » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:20 pm

SOUTH PARK!!! I'm realy fan of this cartoon! Too many great characters!!!! Super funny and about nowadays...
iamvitaly
Silver Member

Postby ERPS » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:15 am

I also like South Park... is cool! And I like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy too...!
ERPS
Silver Member

Postby ehsan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:47 pm

:lol: I love tom and jarry but it so reapted
ehsan

Postby illusion » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:53 pm

I always loved Tom and Jerry :) and the Power Puff Girls, but I was mad about anime "Sailor Moon" :)) has anyone been watching it as a kid?
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:13 pm

I never seen Sailor Moon(Maybe I should watch it then :) ). I kinda like Power Puff Girls. Tom and Jerry is worst thing ever, I don't understand how someone could like that boring nothing much cartoon.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:51 am

illusion wrote:I always loved Tom and Jerry :) and the Power Puff Girls, but I was mad about anime "Sailor Moon" :)) has anyone been watching it as a kid?

I'm ashamed to confess that I was watching it in my early childhood but I never liked it much though :oops:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby illusion » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:52 am

Hardi wrote:I never seen Sailor Moon(Maybe I should watch it then :) ). I kinda like Power Puff Girls. Tom and Jerry is worst thing ever, I don't understand how someone could like that boring nothing much cartoon.

yeah, Sailor Moon is the best! I've even watched it on Youtube.com lately. I must say that when I was little, in Poland we had very stupid cartoons and they were shown only twice a day so when I really wanted to have a treat, I watched Cartoon Network and as I didn't understand English that well, the only cartoon where they didn't talk was Tom and Jerry:D that's why watching it was fun and easy to me at that time ;) I guess I wouldn't watch it now though... Now I'm obsessed with Friends :D
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Music & Movies