EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

who has already watched this movie?

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

who has already watched this movie?

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:49 pm

They say it is a masterpiece.... I haven't seen it yet, have you?

The wind that shakes the barley
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: who has already watched this movie?

Postby hninsi » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:37 am

LadyMacbeth wrote:They say it is a masterpiece.... I haven't seen it yet, have you?

I haven't seen it either. I watched "Fiddler on the Roof" last night. It's really a nice show. Have you watched it?
Check it! I like this sound track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc
Last edited by hninsi on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
hninsi

Postby Vega » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:08 am

I watched SAW 2, today I'm gonna watch SAW 3. :mrgreen:
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby babara » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:09 am

I have watched SAW 2 many time I like it but I havent watched SAW 3 yet but I think It will have to be exciting.
babara
Platinum Member

watch this pictures

Postby LadyMacbeth » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:40 am

Hmmm... when you are bored with all these movies about wars etc. observe the nature. Isn't the nature sweeter?
Well, lately I ahve found some nice pictures about hardworking ants. Watch them all, please. These pictures are really cool. You can enlarge each of them by clicking on it. I hope you will have a good time :)

Nice and hardworking ants
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

TODAY I HAVE WATCHED

Postby LadyMacbeth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:46 pm

the movie about Ireland. I am still enchanted. Who wants to discuss it?
It is a real masterpiece. No doubt. Though I have some problems with linking some scenes/events/heroes.
What do you think about Damian?
Did he really have to die?
I think that Brits were shown as very tough people there but Ireland and Irish people were shown as totally thoughtless, underdeveloped back-of-beyond.
So two sides of this story for me. Truly speaking I am very dissapointed with this whole Damian.
And another thing Irishmen had PROBABLY only one way to win with British Empire and thrive ( for me they MOSTLY won with London but with not with whole damn Emipre).

Well... but the movie - an absolute masterpiece.
What are your opinions? I am curious to read.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: who has already watched this movie?

Postby Dixie » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:04 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:They say it is a masterpiece.... I haven't seen it yet, have you?

I can't believe there's the exact same thread in my Catalan forum!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

hi Dixie:)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:13 pm

And what do people write aboiut the movie there ?
I have been thinking and thinking about this movie.
This Damian was such a tragic hero. Why did he have to see this whole scene on the train? Otherwise he would have got on the train to be a doctor in one of the best London's hospitals.
At the end of the movie he needed psychiatrist but was shot by his own brother who wasn't really in his right senses. Doth Damian would have died for him at the beginning of their common fight.
Well... I think one day Teddy will shoot himself thinking about the fact he shot his own brother in such a stupid way... probably this should be a sequel of IRA's fight against British Empire.
Cause in fact Irishmen were fighting against whole Empire. Not only against London as they thought.
Oh... who started this all fight- probably Irishmen, so they weren't too wise I think...
Nice day to everyone,
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: hi Dixie:)

Postby Dixie » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:18 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:And what do people write aboiut the movie there ?

I haven't seen the movie, and there are 84 responses in that thread! Let me take a look.

In general, most people liked the movie. Some say it's too hard but it reflects reality really well.

Sorry I can't say anything about it, but I guess I should watch it. Especially since it deals with a topic I am supposed to be interested in, due to my studies.
Dixie

hi Dixie

Postby LadyMacbeth » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:51 am

Hello :)

In general, most people liked the movie. Some say it's too hard but it reflects reality really well.

Well...it is really a masterpiece. So many plots/coincidences... I am almost sure the story must be about 80% true.

I am only disgusted how rude some Brits there were pictured. They were torturing Irishmen tearing off their fingernails with special rusty scissors.
It was even worse to me to watch than this permament, thoughtless shooting, I am afraid.
Who would think that such a civil nation can do such low things?

Well... Besides I stayed in the cinema a bit longer to watch "Eragon". Did anyone here watch Eragon?
For me the plot was quite OK - innovative etc. Quite good. But the scene of a battle between Eragon and The Wizard was bit unclear... blurred somehow, I would make it in a quite different way...

Cheers,
LM

I am supposed to be interested in, due to my studies.
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Music & Movies