EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Indian music

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

Indian music

Postby huongtrang » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:31 pm

I'm Vietnamese but I like traditional Indian songs and dance very much. Is there anybody Indian here? Can you help me to find websites about Indian songs and dance? Thank you!
huongtrang

Postby shokin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:23 pm

I was born in India but ... :lol: :

- I was adopted when I was 4 years old, to Switzerland.
- My mother tongue is french.
- I've never been back to Asian continent.
- I don't know much Asian music. Can you give me some names of musical bands and artists ? :mrgreen:
- I don't know any Asian language (just some words). Sayonara ! Namasthé ! Hiroshima and Nagazaki ! :lol:

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:33 pm

shokin wrote:- I've never been back to Asian continent.

But do you plan to visit India someday?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby shokin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:20 pm

Dixie wrote:
shokin wrote:- I've never been back to Asian continent.

But do you plan to visit India someday?

Actually not yet.

I plan about my studies, about my half-time job.

Actually... I plan to visit countries in north Europa (first Netherland)... when I will have earned enough money.

But my problem is the following : I want to leave nothing, neither studies (the most important), neither half-time work (necessary), violin (musically addicted :lol: ), chess (not so important but... I took some engagements), learning about Switzerland and Quebec (when I was at college I was not interested in history at all but now... ; and I like swiss german even if I don't understand much ; my patriotism is taking me from the inside :lol: )... what else ? All this already takes me much time (without friends, family and train). That's why I don't have time to think about something else... even if I want to learn and to discover many things...

About India... I feel (myself) definitively swiss. And... actually... I have not yet learned any language in different characters from those that we use (abcdefgh...). Learning greek, indian, arabic or russian would ask me much more effort than learning spanish, portuguese or hollandish. And you know me... :mrgreen: I prefer learn the local language (respect for local culture) than only english. As you can see I am very attached to the diversity of the cultures. I don't want this to disappear. This is a reason why I am some sovereignties (Quebec, Catalunya especially ; Tibet is much more difficult, for not saying impossible).

But... I don't exclude to plan to visit India.

This speech was my music. :lol:

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby huongtrang » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:50 am

please , is there anybody help me?
huongtrang

Postby shokin » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:27 pm

I should ask some friends... if I want to be able to help you.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Re: Indian music

Postby MissLT » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:39 pm

huongtrang wrote:I'm Vietnamese but I like traditional Indian songs and dance very much. Is there anybody Indian here? Can you help me to find websites about Indian songs and dance? Thank you!

I like the songs in Bride and Prejudice. They have some samples at Amazon. You can check out the songs and download them somewhere else on the net.

Songs in Bride and Prejudice
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:41 pm

shokin wrote:I was born in India but ... :lol: :

- I was adopted when I was 4 years old, to Switzerland.
- My mother tongue is french.
- I've never been back to Asian continent.
- I don't know much Asian music. Can you give me some names of musical bands and artists ? :mrgreen:
- I don't know any Asian language (just some words). Sayonara ! Namasthé ! Hiroshima and Nagazaki ! :lol:

Shokin

:shock: I didn't know you were Indian. What part of India do you know you were born?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:55 pm

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby shokin » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:57 pm

In North of India, in a region named "Assam". I don't know exactly where, but near China and Tibet.

Thanks for links and information. I will search for... and eventually download. :mrgreen:

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Next

Return to Music & Movies