EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Eurovision Song Contest | Belgrade 2008

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

Re: Eurovision Song Contest | Belgrade 2008

Postby Tora » Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 am

Yes, I'm not a master on human souls and pop music either. In comparison to you, Xkalibur, I did like the Croatian band that reminded you of a restaurant and also I did like Portuguese singer, very emotional and also Israeli guy's voice was soooo sweeet :oops: Tora was attracted

I switched it off watching "volves of the sea", a minute more I thought and the evolution in my case would be stepping on a slippery road of regress.

I was about to like an Armenian girl, in the beginning I imagined her voice to be very strong and I expected something national from her, but it all turned into shakira-style of screaming and hips-shaking.

As for D.Bilan, I'm not his fan, but on the whole the contest will be held here next year, that's not bad at all. Welcome everyone!
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Sun May 25, 2008 11:00 am

I only watched first semifinal with half eye. To be exact I watched the song nr. 3 and the results of first semifinal, I just wanted to know how Estonia perform. I think they didn't do very well. In local thing where Estonian song was selected they did perform much better. And it seems Estonia got only 8 points too. One from Moldova and 7 from Finland.

I think the whole thing is waste of money. There's nothing to watch. It feels every year exactly same. Only winners are different while songs are always almost same. I hope Estonia wont practices next year and uses that money for something more cultural.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby tron » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Leaving apart the fact that Eurovision is a farse, a competition that seems to abet freaky and kitch groups, it's incomprehensible how Spain's singer wasn't qualified in last position, given that is the worst singer Spain has ever sent to the "Festival" :lol: . In this case Spain had the luck of some neighbours (possibly with greased palms) giving it a helluva votes. :roll: . And of course Greece, which is no neighbour but is where the queen was born.
tron
Silver Member

Postby Annaa » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:06 pm

My favorite songs were Albania`s song,Armenia`s song,Greece`s song,Russia`s song,Ukraine`s song,Belarus`s song nd Latvia` song.
I think that ''Never let u go'' was better than ''Belive me'' :oops: :oops: :-D .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Previous

Return to Music & Movies