EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Vegetarian diet???

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Vegetarian diet???

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:25 pm

What are the benefits of a vegetarian diet, please?
Strawberry

Re: Vegetarian diet???

Postby member » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:10 pm

vegetarians diets are ,I think vegetables and all fruits.....

Postby lemon » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:13 pm

I think some people's bodies just can't consume heavy food as meat properly. So vegetarian diet helps you to feel well.
lemon

diet

Postby Monyk » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:00 am

In my opinion vegetarian diet is not for everybody we first should contact with our doctor to consult our body condition and discuss about diet proper for as. I tried to be vegetariam for about tree mounth, after this period it turn out that my died was to less in proteins. I started to have problems with my bones, spine, and eventually nerves. That was right time to go to doctor but for me was to late
Monyk

Postby waheed » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:40 am

Strawberry wrote:What are the benefits of a vegetarian diet, please?
waheed

what are the benefits of vegetarian diet?

Postby ruizhu » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:14 am

I want to know what is the accurate means of vegetarian diet? Is it the diet only consists of vegetables without any other foods even fruits or beans, not mention to meat or the fat of any animals. If so, that will be no benefits for health. By the way that all sorts of beans are very good diet for health. DOU FU are not only the favorite food for chinese or japanese but may be good diet for more people all over the world.
ruizhu

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:45 am

[quote="Strawberry"]What are the benefits of a vegetarian diet, please?[/quote] :D :lol: :D

maybe it doesn't work.

Postby Erica » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:59 am

In my eyes, losing weight doesn't mean depending what you eat,
if you're on diet when doing it, you may have a deep desire to eat more,
it'll harm your result. Of course, if you don't want to lose weight, I don't think having a diet is good for you coz vegetarian diet mean fruits and vegetables, if you're a strict vegetarian, you won't allow yourself to eat eggs and drink milk.
Erica

Vegetarian diet

Postby karen Liao » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:26 am

[/b]
I have been an vegetarian for more than ten years. For me, it's a very healty diet. I feel more vibrant than I used to be. If you take enough nutrition and eat properly, I think it doesn't cause damage to your body.
I also eat eggs and drink milk, because they can supply some nutrition which can't be found on vegetables and fruits. I also think beans are a good sourece of proteins, so you don't need to worry about the lack of proteins. If you think vegetarianism will lead to malnutrition, you may need to think again. Actually , plants have more beneficial ingredients than meats do. However, meats cover lots of poisonous elements that may cause severe disease. Besides, those poison will stay within your body and influence your body little bv little. To those who are afrid of taking their first step into vegetarianism, I hope you can experience the benefits of vegetarian bring to your body as I do. :D
karen Liao

Re: Vegetarian diet

Postby ruizhu » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:21 am

[You have been making a good experiences. I appreciated it very much. but I can not practice as you quote="karen Liao"][/b]
I have been an vegetarian for more than ten years. For me, it's a very healty diet. I feel more vibrant than I used to be. If you take enough nutrition and eat properly, I think it doesn't cause damage to your body.
I also eat eggs and drink milk, because they can supply some nutrition which can't be found on vegetables and fruits. I also think beans are a good sourece of proteins, so you don't need to worry about the lack of proteins. If you think vegetarianism will lead to malnutrition, you may need to think again. Actually , plants have more beneficial ingredients than meats do. However, meats cover lots of poisonous elements that may cause severe disease. Besides, those poison will stay within your body and influence your body little bv little. To those who are afrid of taking their first step into vegetarianism, I hope you can experience the benefits of vegetarian bring to your body as I do. :D [/quote]
ruizhu

Next

Return to Food & Fitness