EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

have to take breakfast?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby Dixie » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:07 pm

Well, it's said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, I am never hungry when I get up. I can't eat anything! I just have a mug of milk with cocoa and don't eat anything until lunch time. Then I AM hungry! LOL.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:56 pm

Doctor would recommend you to eat breakfast. It's better for your health and your digestive system. You can try to eat something in the morning for breakfast such as a glass of milk, an apple, a bowl of cereal, a slice bread with jam or peanut butter, and so on on the way to class. :D

Re: have to take breakfast?

Postby sweethuman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes it is very important to take breakfast, since it is the start of the day and all the night when we sleep so out stomach is empty and we need to eat and drink after we wake up. Specially a sweet cup of tea because there is lack of glucose so it is better to take breakfast
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Elisa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am

It is very important to have breakfast because it speeds up our metabolism.
Healthy breakfast will help our body to burn fat. Good food to eat in the morning is the food that has protein in it and fruit.
Enjoy your breakfast!! :-)
Elisa
Gold Member

Postby GreekParis » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Indeed breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I used to eat no breakfast but after taking the advice of my doctor - in order to loose weight- I have realised that breakfast is important for not to eat big quantities later during the day. Such as lunch and dinner.
GreekParis

Postby Lucia » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:00 am

Yes, you all are right. Breakfast gives a lot of energy and you can not be afraid to put on weight. I used not to eat breakfast (I didn't want to eat after waking up) but now I eat and feel better :)
Lucia
Silver Member

Postby zacman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Elisa wrote:It is very important to have breakfast because it speeds up our metabolism.
Healthy breakfast will help our body to burn fat. Good food to eat in the morning is the food that has protein in it and fruit.
Enjoy your breakfast!! :-)

This is very true. On a trip to America I was in California and met the owner of some healthy, lifestyle-type Restaurants San Diego. His best one my opinion was one of the La Jolla Restaurants near the water. We were eating egg white omelets as he described the importance of first meal as he liked to call it. He also talked about the importance of good fat in the morning and suggested avacado which was one of the amazing ingredients not only covering our omelets but also native to that region. Take away story? Enjoy your first meal!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Restaurants San Diego Zacman La Jolla Restaurants
zacman

Postby RickyHodge » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:59 am

Not required a heavy breakfast just have light and healthy, which gives you stamina and activeness through out the day. And always enjoy what you eat, should have proper digestion.
RickyHodge

Postby Vaughan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Healthy breakfast helps you in refuels your body, and benefit your overall health. Breakfast gives you a chance to start your day with a healthy and nutritious meal. Take more vitamins and minerals, Eat less fat and cholesterol. Avoid the cholesterol, which may reduce your risk of heart disease So do not skip breakfast it may be more important than you think.
Vaughan

Next

Return to Food & Fitness