Spring rolls are yummy rolls like Egg rolls, but they are different than Egg rolls since you don't have to fry them. Also, you can find them in any Vietnamese restaurants, but why not try to make them for yourself. They're easy to make and really delicious. Check the information below of how to make them.
1. Put rice vermicelli noodles in a large pot and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain in a colander and rinse quickly with WARM water. Set aside.
2. Boil, shell, and de-vein shrimp. Slice shrimp in half lengthwise and set aside.
3. Boil 1/2 lb. of pork loin until cooked and slice thinly. Set aside. (optional if you don't like pork)
4. Rinse basil leaves and set aside.
5. Cut one head of green leaf lettuce into thin strips, wash, and dry. Set aside.
6. Rinse cilantro or shallot and cut leaves from stem. Set aside.
7. Prepare a medium-size pan with warm water. Then thoroughly soak rice paper sheet in a large bowl/pan of warm water for 30 seconds or until it gets soft.
8. Lay the softened rice paper on a plate or flat surface. Place a row of vermicelli noodles, lettuce, basil, cilantro, and pork about 3 inches from the bottom.
9. Place 3 pieces of shrimp face up next to them.
10. Fold both ends in.
11. Roll the whole thing.
12. This is how it should look like when it's done.
Last, serve with peanut sauce or fish sauce. Enjoy the rolls.