EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Fast food

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Fast food

Postby Podziomka » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:06 pm

Do you like fast food? I was wondering why so many people do. In fact it isn't very good, it's fat and you feel like you want eat more after that... To be honest I eat sometimes hamburgers etc... but it is not healthy.
Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:39 pm

If you do it once a week, that's not bad... But many people eat fast food almost every day because of their working schedule...
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:39 pm

Only kids like fast food. Adults eat fast food because it's fast and it's cheap. That's all. Fast food such as taco bell, KFC, Jack-in-the-box are ok. They don't taste as bad as we think although they're really fatening. Kids like hamburgers because they like ketchup. I don't know why it's the reason. All my nephews and little cousins and kids I know put ketchup in their burgers like crazy. Sometimes, they even eat it alone. Weird huh? :?

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:42 pm

Agh!!!

By the way, I love Kentucky Fried Chicken. Unfortunately, the nearest KFC restaurants are in Barcelona, and that's 170km away from my hometown. Whenever I go to Barcelona, though, I have lunch at a KFC restaurant if I can :D:D:D
Dixie

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:45 pm

:? No wonder Americans are fat. We have about 5 of them in my town not including other fast food restaurants yet.

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:47 pm

I remember I was shocked when I was in the US. I have never seen so many obese people together than there... :roll:
Dixie

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:50 pm

My friend was telling me a life that he'd had in Germany and how he'd seen so many pretty and skinny girls there. He said they were so energetic and strong. He even said he'd lost some weight there and his life style had changed-- his diet was more healthy than it was back then in the States.

Postby Podziomka » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:33 pm

Well, in fact I've heard a lot about fat people in USA. I even saw document about that. I think it's very popular to go to fast food and people aren't very active there.
About ketchup - I never wondered about that but - yes. You are right I remember when my brother was younger, he always used tu add lots of ketchup to everything... :?
In my area there, very close to each other are KFC, Pizza Hut &Mc Donald..but what happened in shopping centers - there you have food nerly everywhere
Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:37 pm

Where are you from?

Postby Podziomka » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:48 pm

Oh, sorry :oops: I should have said that earlier. There just wasn't ocasion - I'm from Poland and you?
Podziomka
Silver Member

Next

Return to Food & Fitness