EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are people too obsessed with their weight??

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Are people too obsessed with their weight??

Postby Gloria » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:39 pm

In my opinion, I think that people, especially teenagers, are very obsessed with their weight. Fats have created a big psychological burden to them, the increase of 1 pound can make them want to die. And I think this phenomenon is caused by the misconception of people that " slim is beautiful ".
What do you think??
Gloria

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:22 am

In my opinion, I think that people, especially teenagers, are very obsess with their weight. Fats have created a big psychological burden to them, the increase of 1 pound can make them want to die. And I think this phenomenon is caused by the misconception of people that " slim is beautiful ".
What do you think??

Yes I do agree with you that people are usually obsessed by their weight.They worry that they are overweighted.I don't think being slim is beautiful. What we need is a healthy body. I am slim so sometimes I feel so tired.What do you choice? You look chubby and always feel healthy or you look slim and feel tired?
I am fond of the first one. Generally, being so slim or overfat are not good both. :wink:

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:20 pm

Arale wrote: I am fond of the first one. Generally, being so slim or overfat are not good both. :wink:

_Arale_

Agree with that. Being so obsessed about your weight sounds so superficial to me, but don't care about your weight? C'mon, being overweight is not healthy. Don't do it too much or little is the best. One can care about his/her weight by eating healthy food, but no need to jump on the scale after every single meal. That's sick to me. :roll: Eating healthy food, portional meal, and playing sports are the key to stay slim and healthy. :wink:

Re: Are people too obsessed with their weight??

Postby Pirate » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:41 pm

Gloria wrote:In my opinion, I think that people, especially teenagers, are very obsessed with their weight. Fats have created a big psychological burden to them, the increase of 1 pound can make them want to die. And I think this phenomenon is caused by the misconception of people that " slim is beautiful ".
What do you think??

I think you mean fatness. Look up fats, it has another meaning :wink:
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby inesita » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:36 pm

I'm agree with you.Well,by my expereance,i know that want to be slim can became to be an obssesion,and i know to much about this :( Now,i'm well,and i think that the truthful beauty is inside,not outside,because the appearance is not the first,and beauty is relative.All we need is a healthy body and felling well with ourselves :wink:
inesita

are people to obssesed to their weight

Postby keling » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:40 am

the weight is to be obessed day by day by people all over the world . it is being affected to thier not only the psychological but the physical condition
many serious disease such as the feart disease, brain damage .especially ,the diabetes which has been increasing seriously inrecent years
people should pay more and more attentions to their weight
keling
Silver Member

are people to obssesed to their weight

Postby keling » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:49 am

it is known by the report of MSN 7th Nov 2005
that there are 20,000,000 youths in america has the pre diabetes caused by the overweight and inactive lifestyle.
their glocose of blood tested by some researchers are higher than those whose weight is normal
the reporter says it is a dangerous number
keling
Silver Member

Postby Unknownsu » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:13 am

Whether we like it or not, accept it or not, we live in a very superficial world.
Unknownsu
Rough Diamond Member

Postby illusion » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:29 pm

i think it's good to keep fit and prevent getting fat but being on a constant diet and having obssesion about losing weight isn't a wise thing to practise. I don't follow any diet because thank goodness I'm not overweight yet. However even if I did, I'd definitely try leading a much healthier lifystyle like jogging, going to gym, eating low fat content products, stop eating sweets and fast foods. that's what I'd advise everyone who wants to loose some weight.
cheers!
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Rui » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:57 pm

well i guess this is a problem with two totally different sides, i understand when you say that now it seems like some teenagers are completely obsessed with the weight, but many statistics that have been made to portuguese people shown that we are a completely overweight population, and who is the blame? yes of course it is because of the fast food that all the people like to eat in these days, and if you join to this a sedentary life style do you have a great weight result :lol:
Rui
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Food & Fitness