EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Please tell me some unique food people eat in your country.

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby maryemily » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:41 pm

"feijoada"....a very Brazilian food. Rice, black beans with a lot of sausage, bacon, and other kinds of meat, "caipirinha", an alcoholic drink wih lemon.....hummmmmm is great in cold days.
maryemily
Silver Member

Re: Please tell me some unique food people eat in your count

Postby mehrin » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:41 pm

nishi ryohei wrote:Japanese eat fermented beans. We call it "Nattou". I like it. Please tell me some unique food people eat in your country.

indian food every body can eat in you country Ryohei
mehrin

Postby silence » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:21 pm

in Belarus the national meal is considered potato pancakes... in the whole my country is considered potato country :)
silence
Silver Member

Postby nien » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:26 am

Hi, I'm new here but got directly interested on this topic as I love to eat.
Hmm in Indonesia, we consist of various tribes and each of them has their own unique and particular food. I mean very very unique to the degree of you couldn't imagine that you could eat that kind of food.
As for "Nattou" in Japan, is it made from bean? I think it's similar with what I have here. It's made of soybean and called "tempe".
Love to hear anyone's feedback.
nien
Silver Member

Postby Ordina_Lavender » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:43 am

We have tempe in Malaysia too. They use to fry it or cook with chilli.
In Malaysia , we also have laksa, rojak , lemang and ketupat.
Ordina_Lavender
Silver Member

Jackie (Food in Malaysia)

Postby Jackie » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:36 am

Malaysia is a multiculture country which consists of 3 main groups. There are Malay, Chinese and Indian and other indigenous. In our coutries, each of our ethnic group has its distinct style of cooking. Below are the examples

Malay : Most of the food is spicy. You may try Nasi Lemak, Laksa, Keropok, Nasi Dagang, Sateh

Chinese: Bak Kuk Teh (most recommended), Hokkien Mee, or wantan mee

Indian: Roti canai, Nasi Kandar, Tandoori..

Other such as Nyonya food, also should have a try.

Culture in Malaysia is very rich and we can see a lot of food stalls, restaurant and coffee shops there. You may easily grab something that you like with low price. For the people who like to try different cuisine, i would recommend them to come to Malaysia. It definitely a pleasant trip. :lol:
Jackie

Postby Pirate » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:32 pm

Hey guys,

Since this is the topic for unique food in different countries, so perhaps the description in words is not enough. Do you have the photos? Yeah it's not difficult to find ... let's "spice up" your writings with some pictorial illustration! ;)
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Chinese Pau

Postby Ordina_Lavender » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:07 am

Hello Jackie and all other friends,
I'm interested in Chinese Pau.The pink and the white.What flour they use to make them?
Ordina_Lavender
Silver Member

Postby Hardi » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:23 am

I know one thing, what is really unique here. It's called "Kama" it's a flour like thing, what you mix with kefir or buttermilk.. add some salt or sugar to taste. The kama flour is a mixture of rough grain flour and peas....

btw. Kama is seasonal food. It's good(nutritious and refreshing) in hot summer day, but I think nobody don't like it in winter..
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Yama » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:20 pm

We eat dried fin of ray in Japan.It's very nice.
Do you eat ray?
Yama

Next

Return to Food & Fitness