EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Please tell me some unique food people eat in your country.

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby me&myself » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:53 pm

hi!!i'm from valencia(spain).the most tipical dish in my city is: "paella":the ingredients are:rice(of course :P ) ,greenness,chiken and pilgrim.it's not my favourite dish,but here in spain is one of the most populars.
me&myself
Silver Member

Postby Xavi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:37 pm

Hi Guys!!

I'm from Barcelona, and i love Paella , what can i say about paella, is my favourit dish and a flag of this country.

I know another typical spanish dish, the Gazpacho, this is a cold soup of tomato, cocoom, garlic,bread and red-pepper, everithing "sifted"?, is a perfect food for the summer nigth's.

But isn't a good choice if you hope kiss somebody ;)
Xavi

Postby me&myself » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:41 pm

Xavi wrote:Hi Guys!!

I'm from Barcelona, and i love Paella , what can i say about paella, is my favourit dish and a flag of this country.

I know another typical spanish dish, the Gazpacho, this is a cold soup of tomato, cocoom, garlic,bread and red-pepper, everithing "sifted"?, is a perfect food for the summer nigth's.

hahaha,you are rigth Xavi :wink:
me&myself
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:38 pm

Xavi wrote:Hi Guys!!

I love my mom's paella. Hate the Valencian one :D

Gazpacho is from southern Spain, mainly Andalucia, isn't it? I tried it once and didn't like it.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby me&myself » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:40 pm

i don't like the paella of the restaurants,i only can eat my grandmoms paella,she cooks really well!!! :P
me&myself
Silver Member

Postby Hardi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:22 pm

We eat a lot of blac/rye-bread here... I almost don't eat white bread, black bread is better.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby me&myself » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:40 pm

Hardi wrote:We eat a lot of blac/rye-bread here... I almost don't eat white bread, black bread is better.

Really??i never taste black bread,i like bread,and i want taste it!!what are the ingredients?? :D kisses!!
me&myself
Silver Member

Postby Hardi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:35 pm

Really!! as far as I know, it's flour, water, and salt.. and of course starter... It's also sourdough bread. I think it's not so easy to make... Once my mother tryed to do it, but the result was almost not eatable... I think she had bad flour too. Anyway In old times it got almost one week to make it, but today they using some quick methods in factory... I'm also never tasted right home made black bread.. only factory one.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby me&myself » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:11 pm

hahahaha!ok,thanks hardi!i'll try to make it one day,but i'm, sure that more than bread will be a stone!(it's right this sentence?i'm confuse!! :? hehehe.kisses!
me&myself
Silver Member

Postby Shazzam » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:35 am

Well the traditional Aussie food is "a big meat pie and tomato sauce". Especially when eaten on a cold winters days at the footy (generally eaten with an ice cold beer). Aussie men love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Fitness