EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Chicken Scaloppini

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Chicken Scaloppini

Postby bahrain cat » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:53 am

This is a special Italian recipe for chicken topped with creamy sauce and vegetables. The smoked veal in the sauce adds a delicious taste to the recipe.

Cuisine: Italian
Main ingredients: chicken, mushroom, tomato, chili green pepper
Time of preparation: 15 minutes
Time of cooking: 60 minutes
Serving: 4

Ingredients
8 chicken breasts pieces
4 smoked veal slices
1 green pepper, medium size
3/4 can of mushrooms (250g) diced
2 spring onions
1 large tomato
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tbsp butter
3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup double cream
Salt and pepper

Directions
1. Preparing chicken
• Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip into flour, then eggs, and finally into Parmesan cheese. Coat chicken well.
• Heat oven to medium-high heat (200 C). Put chicken in a baking dish. Cover and leave to cook for about 35 minutes or until tender.

2. Preparing vegetables
• Dice onions, tomato and green pepper into small dice. Cut smoked veal slices into bite size pieces.
• In a saucepan heat and stir ½ tbsp butter and onion until yellow. Add mushrooms and green pepper, stir for 2 minutes.
• Add tomatoes and continue stirring for another 2 minutes. Stir in veal pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.

3. Preparing sauce and serving
• In the same saucepan add remaining butter and flour. Stir over medium heat until golden. Add cream, reduce heat and stir until mixture boils.
• Add vegetables just before serving and stir for 30 seconds.
• Place chicken on a serving platter and cover with sauce and vegetables. Serve with spaghetti or fettuccine.
bahrain cat
Silver Member

Chicken Scallopini

Postby Shazzam » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:08 am

Hi there; yummy. I have saved this recipe and I'm going to try it; it sounds lovely. Will post my recommendations after cooking it.

Do you know that you can also do this dish with Veal I have had it it is beautiful and a low fat alternative. The ingredients might be slightly different though; I haven't cooked it I have had it a restaurant. 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby bahrain cat » Tue May 10, 2005 9:00 am

i thank u at your reply.

frankly i liken,t cooking to list.

i like only eat
bahrain cat
Silver Member

Return to Food & Fitness