EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

All about smoking

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Re: All about smoking

Postby Tora » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm very happy, Xkalibur, that you're trying to quit smoking, but I hate when you delete your messages... I don't know, probably it is something personal, but I suppose it is no fair
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Tora wrote:I'm very happy, Xkalibur, that you're trying to quit smoking, but I hate when you delete your messages... I don't know, probably it is something personal, but I suppose it is no fair

Me bad speak English and me not sure if the messages I'm writing are correct, so sometimes I delete.

BTW, have you ever smoked Tora? ..I know this is not right question to ask you.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Tora » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
Tora wrote:I'm very happy, Xkalibur, that you're trying to quit smoking, but I hate when you delete your messages... I don't know, probably it is something personal, but I suppose it is no fair

Me bad speak English and me not sure if the messages I'm writing are correct, so sometimes I delete.

BTW, have you ever smoked Tora? ..I know this is not right question to ask you.

:mrgreen:

yes, I tried smoking when I was nine and when I was 20, half a cigarette each time, didn't like at all, but I love when my clothes smell with a slight cigarette odour :oops:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:33 pm

Tora wrote:
:mrgreen:

yes, I tried smoking when I was nine and when I was 20, half a cigarette each time, didn't like at all, but I love when my clothes smell with a slight cigarette odour :oops:

On the contrary of you, I hate when my cloth and hands smell with cigarettes. :?
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby denvinbo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:52 am

We should announce to everyone that smoking is bad for health first===>reduce the smoke and not polluted the environment.. :D :D :D
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:31 pm

frankbenji wrote:Smoking is very injurious to health and causes devastating effects in our body.It will have huge impact on others.If you http://www.beststopsmokingsupport.com/stop-smoking-course/stop smoking now you can increase your chances of living from two to twelve times longer and save thousands of dollars in medical expensive and the cost of cigarettes!Honglong government has taken right step by banning smoking in public places.

Uhm....I think so.......
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby miss » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:58 pm

-Smoke consist subtance nicotina and CO2..nicotin is a substance will make people addicted.
-Firstly..they must have an aim that they really2 want stop to smoking from the deep heart.okey.. :mrgreen:
emmmm some suggest, maybe they can change smoke with chew candys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are people addicted to smoking? Can you suggest some ways to help smokers quit smoking?

-The negative effects are cancers of lungs, impotent, disturbance for women pregnance,etc.
-Smoking in the public make the other people smoke , why? cause the people will inhale smoke from smokers..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are the negative effects of smoking? What do you think about an immediate ban on smoking in the public?

-i agree..Good decision.
As we all know, smoking causes al lot of health problems. In order to protect the health of the human, Hong Kong government is going to ban smoking in all restaruants and bars. What is your opinion?

no, i'm not a smoker. i hate smoke..
Smoking harms our health. It causes cancer, heart diesease and all those horrible stuff. Will you start smoking even if you know all of these already?
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
miss
Silver Member

Postby jairotico » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:06 pm

,hi!!!very interesting topic!! im from Costa Rica...i dont smoke and i never had..i realized that this year the goberment of U.kingdom doesn't let people to smoke in closed places and i would really like Costarican goberment to do the same thing...smoke doesnt just damage the person who does it, it damages every1 around...i think isn't fair smokers dont realize many times they have little kids around or people that do cares about their own and other peoples health...it's sad to see so many people who see how thousands die evryday because of lung cancer and still like nothing happens!!!!
jairotico

Postby emilyzheng » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:44 am

yes, smoking should be kicked off, because of its bad ingredients. once we form into addiction, it must bring many illness on us. the lung cancer is the outstanting resulting from smoking. however, man should encounter more serious pressure in daily life, they should seek some outlet to make them relax. most of them choose smooking ,the others tend to drinking. but another group of persons like smoking and drinking. which are all bad for the health. so how to cope with their addiction. in my minds, as a man, he can drink some alcohol during his dinner, which can offer some good ingredient for him, and can help the drinker more relax. however smoking must be kick off firmly, which is not only bad for smoker, but also not good for the people nearby.
emilyzheng

Postby Vega » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:41 pm

I watched a TV program yesterday (BTW, Tora it was on Channel 1 Russia. Did you watch it?) about smoking and its consequences (cancer and etc.). I don't want smoke any more... :) ..I am a non-smoker already. :!:

Don't smoke, don't let cigarette producers make money on your health..
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Fitness