Do you eat for hunger or for comfort?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:yeah Shokin that's what I meant... for my OWN surviving...
We all need to survive I totally agree. The thing is to survive we we all just eat vegetables, fruit, water and maybe a little bit of meat (or something to substitute it). But lets face it we all need some sort of comfort food. Whether it be chips, cake, chocolate etc. something that we get a quick burst of happiness from.

The thing is do we eat this stuff (chips etc) because we are upset, unhappy, happy etc.

How do we judge our feelings when we eat this sort of comfort food?

:idea:
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

Stella0708 wrote: i won't use eating to express my feelings ;)
It's just the opposite, people use eating to cover their feelings of sadness, loneliness... and similar feelings...
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

pob wrote:
Stella0708 wrote: i won't use eating to express my feelings ;)
It's just the opposite, people use eating to cover their feelings of sadness, loneliness... and similar feelings...
I have just started a journal to try and determine what triggers appetite. Things like advertising, inactivity, smell etc. It is amazing how easily hunger can be triggered from watching television advertising (especially at night). When you write down the triggers you would be amazed. I'm going to keep this experiment going for another couple of weeks; but I have already had some really interesting insights into what triggers my eating binges. Mine seems to be boredom. If i'm busy I don't give it a second thought until my tummy yells at me. They are the sorts of triggers you should listen to. If i'm watching television and an add comes on with pizza I will feel hungry. :oops:
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

i eat for hunger and comfort too.. 8)
When all else fails..don't stop.