Jogging or walking..?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Ordina_Lavender

tai chee

Post by Ordina_Lavender »

Why don't you join them?he he....

Re: tai chee

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote:Why don't you join them?he he....
I'm too lazy to get up early :oops: .
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Friends,

Could you give me some information and advises:
What is de difference between jooing and running.
I go to swimm four days a week, one and a half hour. Monday the swimming pool is closed, saturday and sunday is open but I only can pay for four days, then I have decide go to walking saturday, sunday and monday in the same schedule I go to swimm.
What do you recomend to a new member in this sport?
Tomorrow will be my first day of walking. I think is better begin only walking.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote: Friends,

Could you give me some information and advises:
What is de difference between jooing and running.
Well, to me there is a slight difference between jogging and running. For jogging, you kinda run with a steady slow trot. Pushing your legs up and down like you're jumping up and down in one place and run like that. That's how I jog. It's ca be faster than walking, but quite slower than running. For running, you don't push your legs up and down like jumping in one place, but it's more like running freely.
Either one is still good for your health. When you are tired of running, you can jog. Then you can run again and then jog. Combine them to make it more fun. Or you can walk when you are really tired.
Elba wrote: Tomorrow will be my first day of walking. I think is better begin only walking.
Yes walk first. Don't run yet. And don't forget to stretch your legs before you go walking. It's because your legs might not get used to it; therefore, the muscles would hurt you a bit. Give it several times before you'll start jogging or running unless you want pain in your legs.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Thanks Lennye for your help,

As my health is very fragil I went to walk sunday, and monday I alternate jog and walk, 100 meters x 100 meters, and the total distance was 5 km.I felt very tired, but this morning I went swimming, as every week and I felt better. I noticed too that the excersice of sunday and monday helped me to devolpe more velocity in my swimming rutinne. My trainner of swimming gave some advices too.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Have you started it yet, Elba?
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Yes, Lenny I have started, but I´m too tired. Well I found funny this activitie and I´m going to increase the time step by step.
I plane to practice every third day at the begining, before go to swimming. A friend of mine told me that is very convenient to do it before swimming.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I must admit I prefer walking I have never really been a jogger. I find it too intense. I enjoy walking at a brisk pace.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah I prefer walking too. It's easier than jogging in my opinon and less tiring :-)
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Jogging or walking..?

Post by sweethuman »

Both are good for health. do what you your heart wants
Harold

Re: Jogging or walking..?

Post by Harold »

Both are good for the health and fitness but the Jogging is more beneficent in weight loss and burning the calories than the walk. 30 minute of jogging can burn more than 200 calories.

Baltimore Gym