WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: You don't have to have tuna etc on a salad sandwich :roll: Just plain salad. As far as the dressings go i never have dressing on a salad sandwich it makes them soggy. Most deli's will make it the way you want you tell them what you want on it and they make it. 8)
You meant subway sandwiches? People do lose weight eating subway sandwiches. That's why I said I don't go against fast food or support it, for it's a part of a culture but I don't eat it daily. To me, if you don't like it, leave it alone. There is no need to go agaisnt or support it since life is not only black and white. There's a gray shade in between, you know. Besides, some fast food companies now try to improve their foods in a healthy way. We should give them credits for trying.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I'm not going to give them any more credit! :lol: They get enough credit out of people's wallets! They aren't full of good intentions, it is all about profit! :wink:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:I'm not going to give them any more credit! :lol: They get enough credit out of people's wallets! They aren't full of good intentions, it is all about profit! :wink:
And that's why I hate studying business or laws. It's all about the benefits of self. It sickens me. However, subway sandwiches is a fast food company and they ain't bad. I give them credits for having healthy sandwiches. One of my teachers in high school used to ask me to buy her vegetarian subway sandwiches for lunch (she was in a bad shape) so her blood pressure won't go high and stuff.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:I'm not going to give them any more credit! :lol: They get enough credit out of people's wallets! They aren't full of good intentions, it is all about profit! :wink:
And that's why I hate studying business or laws. It's all about the benefits of self. It sickens me. However, subway sandwiches is a fast food company and they ain't bad. I give them credits for having healthy sandwiches. One of my teachers in high school used to ask me to buy her vegetarian subway sandwiches for lunch (she was in a bad shape) so her blood pressure won't go high and stuff.
Thats good to hear. I agree they definatley are the healthy choice and they are yummmmmmy!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
someone_cute

Post by someone_cute »

I rarely eat fast food .. as u know it's unhealthy food ..
My favourite fast food is Mushroom Spream .. Yummy ,, very tasty :roll: ..
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

E pur, es so simple to cook self, cheaper and involves less money.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
cigi

Post by cigi »

I am a Chinese girl.There are many MC DONALD or KFC in China nowadays.You can find them in every corner of Beijing.Thanks to them,Children in Beijing are getting fatter and fatter.
This has caused lots of anxiety among the whole soceity,yet people still rush to it.I don't know why!However this doesn't mean I 'd never go to KFC.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

cigi wrote:I am a Chinese girl.There are many MC DONALD or KFC in China nowadays.You can find them in every corner of Beijing.Thanks to them,Children in Beijing are getting fatter and fatter.
This has caused lots of anxiety among the whole soceity,yet people still rush to it.I don't know why!However this doesn't mean I 'd never go to KFC.
Its very sad isn't. No one would say never have fast food, because that is not the answer. Moderation is the key I think. Parents have a responsibility to teach their children moderation and also how to prepare food at home as well. If it is balanced it works. The weight issue with young people is worldwide with the increase of fast food outlets. :cry:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

One day, I will prepare a script about nutrition.

When I'll know nutrition better. :mrgreen:

Ideas : nature's and our health !

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:One day, I will prepare a script about nutrition.

When I'll know nutrition better. :mrgreen:

Ideas : nature's and our health !

Shokin
It sounds to me as though you already have some great ideas about what is good/bad for you. We could branch out all over the place in this topic because there are so many issues about what is good and bad for us. For example vegetables that are grown without using any insecticides.

8)
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Okay, we can developp.

I will think about a nutritional writing...

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:Okay, we can developp.

I will think about a nutritional writing...

Shokin
Please do I can 't wait to have a read. It does everyone good to learn new things about eating healthy. Plus it gives us great ideas on recipes and shopping for good ingredients.

I look forward to it Shokin! :)
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Let me time to make it well.

Shokin
richardapollo

Post by richardapollo »

I prefer Burger King. I like to eat hamburger.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

richardapollo wrote:I prefer Burger King. I like to eat hamburger.
I must admit if I do eat a burger out I would prefer Burger King or Hungry Jacks to McDonalds. At least they have some taste.

But hey I make great burgers and they fill you up too!

8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:
I must admit if I do eat a burger out I would prefer Burger King or Hungry Jacks to McDonalds. At least they have some taste.

8)
As in Jack in the Box? :?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:

8)
As in Jack in the Box? :?
Hungry Jacks is a Hamburger outlet in Australia (it actually is a subsiduary of 'Burger King'). They make bbq style hamburgers.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: Hungry Jacks is a Hamburger outlet in Australia (it actually is a subsiduary of 'Burger King'). They make bbq style hamburgers.
Hmm... Jack in the Box doesn't go oversea, then. Anyhoo, Hungry Jack is an Australian fast food company?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: Hungry Jacks is a Hamburger outlet in Australia (it actually is a subsiduary of 'Burger King'). They make bbq style hamburgers.
Hmm... Jack in the Box doesn't go oversea, then. Anyhoo, Hungry Jack is an Australian fast food company?
Yes it is apparently Burger King bought out the Australian Company and even though it is owned by burger king it operates under the name "Hungry Jacks". I had a little bit of a look on the net about it and apparently Hungry Jacks started in Perth over 30 years ago (Western Australia). I'm from the East and I must admit I only heard of Hungry Jacks a few years ago (they aren't on every corner so to speak). There are only a few of their outlets in my state unlike the competition.

So there is a little bit of useless information... :lol:

There burgers are nice though! :)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I have discovered a healthy fast food outlet!

In our new shopping centre a fast food outlet has opened called "JUICE". They make all sorts of health drinks like alfalfa and orange with bran etc. They also do a stack of healthy treats. They say they only use products that have been produced naturally (no pesticides, preservatives etc).

I have noticed alot of young people are having their drinks in the morning. I see them at the bus stop with the mugs.

Maybe they are trying to cure their hangovers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:I have discovered a healthy fast food outlet!

In our new shopping centre a fast food outlet has opened called "JUICE". They make all sorts of health drinks like alfalfa and orange with bran etc. They also do a stack of healthy treats. They say they only use products that have been produced naturally (no pesticides, preservatives etc).

I have noticed alot of young people are having their drinks in the morning. I see them at the bus stop with the mugs.

It's Jamba Juice in the U.S. It's my favorite place. Its website is http://www.jambajuice Is it similar to the one in Australia?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:I have discovered a healthy fast food outlet!

It's Jamba Juice in the U.S. It's my favorite place. Its website is http://www.jambajuice Is it similar to the one in Australia?
My pc is playing up this afternoon I couldn't get onto that website; but I bet it is. There is another one in Manly (on the northern beaches of Sydney) called "BOOST" the kids love it. I think it is great! My son has one with fresh mango in it in Summer (together with a heap of herbs, like mint) he reckons they are amazing. Mind you they are very expensive it could cost up to $8.50 for one.

When you think about it though it is a meal in a mug! :lol:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

my top choice would be undoubtedly Mc Donald's Mac Chicken! I can't imagine my life without it hahahha and no, I'm not fat. LoL ;-)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:my top choice would be undoubtedly Mc Donald's Mac Chicken! I can't imagine my life without it hahahha and no, I'm not fat. LoL ;-)
I'm amazed McDonalds hasn't thought about building on the Moon! Honestly they are just about everywhere else... :lol:

I don't think that everyone that eats McDonalds gets fat; just the people that eat too much and too often. It is a balance, don't you think? 8)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah you're right, some people just don't know when to stop. Eating is good but only when it's in proper portions...
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:yeah you're right, some people just don't know when to stop. Eating is good but only when it's in proper portions...
Wow illusion 103 posts in 3 days! Good for you. You must be exhausted. It is great to see a new enthusiastic person on these forums. Welcome... 8) :D
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

hey, thanks :-) i'm not really exhausted. I just think I like writing in here when I find some free time. hehe :)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

illusion wrote:my top choice would be undoubtedly Mc Donald's Mac Chicken! I can't imagine my life without it hahahha and no, I'm not fat. LoL ;-)
What fast food restaurants do you have at where you live, illusion?
hedwig14

JOLLIBEE..

Post by hedwig14 »

hehe, some might go for mc donalds but jollibee's the one for me... hehe its the most popular fast food chain here in the philippines and jollibee is great... :lol:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: JOLLIBEE..

Post by Shazzam »

hedwig14 wrote:hehe, some might go for mc donalds but jollibee's the one for me... hehe its the most popular fast food chain here in the philippines and jollibee is great... :lol:
I have never heard of Jollibee's before. Are they only in the Philippines?

What sort of food do they sell? :?
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

in my small town there isnt many fast food restaurants but that's even better because instead of going there you can stay at home and eat somethin healthier ;p
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

illusion wrote:in my small town there isnt many fast food restaurants but that's even better because instead of going there you can stay at home and eat somethin healthier ;p
very good point !

you can cook yourself your own meal, this is a good habit.

you can prepare the good quantity of your meal, avoiding to waste aliments like in restaurants.

you don't lose your know-how in culinary art, a contrario you perfect it.

Shokin
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah, but don't remember you can always order some takeaway food like pizza :) you can have fast food not having to leave your house :p
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

not leavin' your house, but your mobility, then your health, have a great problem... and you've to pay more, for service of person who moves to your home...

pizza is the fastfood that I boycott the least (the better of fastfood that I boycott :lol: ).

Shokin
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

in fact it's my favourite fast food too :-) you know the place where I usually order pizza is just round the corner so I don't pay that much for the delivery...:)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:in fact it's my favourite fast food too :-) you know the place where I usually order pizza is just round the corner so I don't pay that much for the delivery...:)
I like pizza; but not the stuff you get from Pizza Hut or Domino's. There are only a few independant Pizza owners left in my area and they use the old fashioned wood ovens. The pizza's are lovely. Good thing about it is you can pick your own toppings and ask for a reduction of cheese if you wish. You have more control over what you get. Yummy! 8)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

what's your favourite pizza? i like the ones with lots of fruit :-)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:what's your favourite pizza? i like the ones with lots of fruit :-)
Fruit pizza :shock: :? Never had that. The is more like a dessert isn't it?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:what's your favourite pizza? i like the ones with lots of fruit :-)
My favourite pizzas are traditional style; pepperoni, capsicum, mushroom, onion (and anchovies). But I do also like seafood pizza sometimes.

I must admit I probably only have pizza once or so a year. But I do like to get a really nice one when I have them. That is why I don't buy Pizza Hut or Domino's.

:D
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

i like pizza with pineapple and banana. In my favourite pizza place it's called Frutetto :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote:i like pizza with pineapple and banana. In my favourite pizza place it's called Frutetto :D
Yes! I like pizza with pineapple too. My bf's favorite pizza is the one with salmon and pineapple. The good thing about pizza is the extense variety of ingredients! mmmmmmmm... I had pizza last night for dinner but I'd love to have another slice right now... you guys made my hungry!
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote:i like pizza with pineapple and banana. In my favourite pizza place it's called Frutetto :D
Yes! I like pizza with pineapple too. My bf's favorite pizza is the one with salmon and pineapple. The good thing about pizza is the extense variety of ingredients! mmmmmmmm... I had pizza last night for dinner but I'd love to have another slice right now... you guys made my hungry!
We get Hawiian pizza here which is ham and pineapple (very nice); but I have never heard of fruit pizza like Illusion is talking about (pineapple and bannana) :shock:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I just remembered Pizza Hut advertised a dessert pizza once (it had apple on it). I suppose a little bit like an apple pie.

But Illusion, pineapple and bannana! It sounds horrible; doesn't the bannana go brown? :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yes, there is also "Tropical pizza" here which is ham or chicken and pineapple. It tastes sooooooooooooooooooo good! Yummy.

I've also heard about banana pizza. I think it's called "Canarian" (you know, from the Canary Islands) :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:Yes, there is also "Tropical pizza" here which is ham or chicken and pineapple. It tastes sooooooooooooooooooo good! Yummy.

I've also heard about banana pizza. I think it's called "Canarian" (you know, from the Canary Islands) :D
I bet banana pizza would be a hit on "monkey island". I know it isn't funny but banana pizza just doesn't make any sense to me at all.. :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shazzam1452 wrote: I bet banana pizza would be a hit on "monkey island". I know it isn't funny but banana pizza just doesn't make any sense to me at all.. :lol:
I know, there's nothing left to invent :D

Are you a fan of Monkey Island? 8)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: I bet banana pizza would be a hit on "monkey island". I know it isn't funny but banana pizza just doesn't make any sense to me at all.. :lol:
I know, there's nothing left to invent :D

Are you a fan of Monkey Island? 8)

You know Dixie now that you mention it, I think I could be a fan of "Monkey Island." :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I wouldn't eat their pizza creations. :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote: pizza is the fastfood that I boycott the least (the better of fastfood that I boycott :lol: ).

Shokin
:roll: I don't know how it works at where you live, but in the States almost 99.9% of all pizza restaurants provide free delivery service. Surprisingly, restaurants like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, KFC, etc. don't provide that service. If you wanna eat them food, you have to go buy them. Thus, it's funny to see that pizza is the least that you boycott.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

With pineapples and hams and it's a Hawaiian style :wink: .