EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What would you prefer?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

What do you prefer?

Dining at home!
71%
Eating out!
29%

Total votes : 7

What would you prefer?

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:58 am

How many people would prefer to make a meal at home or dine out?

I have only recently had two meals out. Normally I don't, I cook.

I have to say they were shocking. Over-priced and under-rated meals.

I was so disappointed in the quality of food available. I'm not talking about fast food restaurants; I'm talking about Restaurants.

My husband was starving after the meal as the portions were so small and the price for accompaniments was ridiculous!

Overall it was just too expensive for what we received and not as good as what I can cook myself.

What do you think?

Also have you had a really great/bad dining experience. Share it here! 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:43 pm

Both! :D

I would say it depends on the moment and how you feel like. Sometimes you prefer to have a nice dinner at home, and other times you just feel like eating out. Problem is, it's expensive but there is no harm in doing it sometimes.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby shokin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:40 pm

At home ! Read the topic about "your favourite fast food" and you will know my position.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby vince90 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:12 pm

I choose both. Usually we cook at home but sometime we eat out. We dine out because sometime we feel like to eat different cuisines, food that we can’t cook at home, going out with friends and family or to bore to eat at home. Good food good price defend where you go. Just like you cook at home, the result is not always the same. It turns out good and it also turns out terrible sometime.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:16 pm

vince90 wrote:I choose both. Usually we cook at home but sometime we eat out. We dine out because sometime we feel like to eat different cuisines, food that we can’t cook at home,

Can't argue with this :wink: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:16 pm

shokin wrote:At home ! Read the topic about "your favourite fast food" and you will know my position.

Shokin

Hi Shokin this topic isn't about fast food, it is about dining out (fine dining - Restaurants).
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:17 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:I choose both. Usually we cook at home but sometime we eat out. We dine out because sometime we feel like to eat different cuisines, food that we can’t cook at home,

Can't argue with this :wink: .

Me too! I like to try different things that is why in the last couple of weeks I have eaten out (Restaurants) a couple of times to get some ideas. Obviously I just happened to chose the wrong restaurants. It certainly would be a very expensive hobby if you did it too regularly.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:09 am

shazzam1452 wrote:
shokin wrote:At home ! Read the topic about "your favourite fast food" and you will know my position.

Shokin

Hi Shokin this topic isn't about fast food, it is about dining out (fine dining - Restaurants).

When you work in a restaurant, when you see how much food we waste... how many meals people don't finish...

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby waiting4sunny » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:58 am

Of couse at home. I don't know why i perfer this. :lol: :lol:
waiting4sunny
Silver Member

Postby kamiya » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:40 am

i often eat at home, but sometimes going out with family and eating in a restaurant is very good idea.
ayimak
kamiya
Silver Member

Next

Return to Food & Fitness