EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Chewing gums

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Do you love them?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes : 15

Re: Chewing gums

Postby kamiya » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:14 am

LennyeTran wrote:Do you love them?

sometimes yes, sometimes no.
i chew it when i feel sad or nervous. but i feel very annoyed when seeing someone threws it at the streets.
ayimak
kamiya
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Elkie wrote:I'm not a big fan of gum but i don't mind eating it once in a while just to freshen up my mouth. Gum is good stuff helps to exercise your mouth work haha if you know what i meam.

Some girls eat it to lose weight :roll: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:06 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Some girls eat it to lose weight :roll: .

I heard somewhere that chewing gums make the contrary effect: you inhale too much air, thus gaining weight. I don't know if that's true, though.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:21 pm

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Some girls eat it to lose weight :roll: .

I heard somewhere that chewing gums make the contrary effect: you inhale too much air, thus gaining weight. I don't know if that's true, though.

I meant is that there are some girls who are afraid that eating would make them gain weight; therefore, they choose to chew gums. Gums don't contain much calories. Only about 5-15 calories and no fats. After a while this habit is considered as a psychological disorder, for a girl is being too obsessed with her body figure; she could literally damage it by choosing gums as her priority nutrients. I've seen some girls chew gums all day and eat nothing. It's sick!
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:18 pm

When little, I used to love them but once I had a nightmare about them, I don't eat them often.
I fell asleep and I forgot to spit it out. Then I dreamed that I was choking with it. It was horrible.
I think my parents were glad that I stopped chewing them because my chew gums were stuck everywhere. I'd leave them under the table, on one side of my plate, under my bed, etc. :oops:
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:49 pm

During my two last years in high school, my class timetable was from 8am to 2:30pm. There was a time when I used to have a chewing gum right before starting the class at 8 and didn't throw it away until I went home at 2:30.

Gross or what? :D
Dixie

Postby Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:57 pm

Dixie wrote:Gross or what? :D

Kind of.
Sometimes I'd start chewing gum in the morning and when it was lunch time, I'd put it on my side of my plate and when I was done eating, I'd put it into my mouth again.
Grosser??
I guess I just wanted to eat only one piece of gum per day and make them last longer. :oops:
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:13 pm

Lalee wrote:Sometimes I'd start chewing gum in the morning and when it was lunch time, I'd put it on my side of my plate and when I was done eating, I'd put it into my mouth again.
Grosser??

Kind of!!! :lol:
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:58 pm

Lalee wrote:my chew gums were stuck everywhere. I'd leave them under the table, on one side of my plate, under my bed, etc. :oops:

Aren't you lucky that you weren't my child? :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Fitness