EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

noodle

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby redadmiral » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:49 am

the first country? i think, maybe, China or Italy?
redadmiral

Postby TearHere » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:09 am

It is very popular here. Unfortunately, noodles here are often instant, comes in small packs, could be cooked in 3-5 minutes..they don't really taste like real noodle to me.. And since it is cheap.. noodles has become the "food of the hungry Filipinos" (i have read that somewhere i can't remember though)If you want a really good noodle, you have to go to a chinese restaurant..which costs 10-30 times the price of instant noodles..
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby fadi » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:53 am

TearHere wrote:It is very popular here. Unfortunately, noodles here are often instant, comes in small packs, could be cooked in 3-5 minutes..they don't really taste like real noodle to me.. And since it is cheap.. noodles has become the "food of the hungry Filipinos" (i have read that somewhere i can't remember though)If you want a really good noodle, you have to go to a chinese restaurant..which costs 10-30 times the price of instant noodles..

u r right my friend,.,the noodels in the chinese resturants is more tasty than small packs noodels

i want noodels now :D :) :) :D :) :D :wink: really tasty
fadi

Postby shokin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:21 pm

Latin : nodus(i) (knot)

then...

German : Nudel(n)

French : nouille(s)

English : noodle(s)

English name comes directly from german name... "noodle" and "Nudel" are pronounced the same way.

Anyway... Teigwaren (pastas) are very good, z.B. les nouilles !

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby gretch » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:21 am

Hi! Here in Manila there are a lot of Chinese stores selling different kinds of instant noodles from Japan,Korea and China. Me and my husband really love it.
gretch

Postby Manki » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:17 am

yes it is very popular in chinese meal,,,ppl always hv noodles as breakfast=]...i do hv it for breakfast four times a week
Manki

Postby Dixie » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:35 am

TearHere wrote: noodles has become the "food of the hungry Filipinos" (i have read that somewhere i can't remember though)

... Maybe on the packet where you saw the words that inspired your nickname :roll: :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby TearHere » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:52 am

Dixie wrote:
TearHere wrote: noodles has become the "food of the hungry Filipinos" (i have read that somewhere i can't remember though)

... Maybe on the packet where you saw the words that inspired your nickname :roll: :D

:lol: :lol: iit's from a magazine, i can't remember what..

well yeah.. i pretty much got my nickname from that..in fact saw that from a chocolate pack...you have to tear here before you can get a bite.. :lol:
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby Miko » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:05 pm

This is a good bowl of noodles I want to share with you :wink: . It looks very delicious.
Miko

Postby pBaL » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Oh, you make me feel very hungry Miko.
Hey, how much does it cost?
Thanks
pBaL
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Food & Fitness