EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Insect food, have you ever tried?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Insect food, have you ever tried?

Postby mozic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:03 am

When I was small, I sometimes ate stir-fried silkworms (pupa). At first, I had a horror of it as it looked terrible. But after trying it, I found that it was delicious. It tasted of nuttery and buttery flavor. it was really interesting.
I heard that many people enjoy eating insect food such as ants, worms.. even scorpions. and how about U? can U share your experiences, your feeling about this?
mozic
Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:14 am
Location: vietnam

Postby ayadoua » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:04 am

:shock: NEVER NEVER NEVER .........EATING INSECT HORRIBLE :x THEY LIVE IN BAD PLACE AND EAT BAD THING THAT´S WHY I CAN´T ..........
ayadoua
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:14 am
Location: morocco

Postby Dixie » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:03 pm

Ew no... thank you... I find it disgusting, but I know it's something related to culture. I'm sure that as well as I find eating insects gross, in other cultures, the typical and most popular dish of my town, which is all kind of seafood, would be considered as disgusting as I find insects.

(I find seafood disgusting too, by the way)
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Postby shokin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:51 pm

I had tried some grilled worms and lombrics.

Good but not so nutritivo. If you want to eat a great plate of worms, you have to search and take many... :lol:

With nothing, it tastes like rice.

But why not fritos gusanos ! Knowing that they are ded, you can put them in a vegetable soup or mixing them with spices (pimento, pizco for example :lol: ).



But the sine qua non condition : you must not think that they are alive. :lol:

Shokin
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Re: Insect food, have you ever tried?

Postby Krisi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:48 pm

I remember, a friend (an officemate) asked me to taste something that looked like a shrimp. I then asked her to taste it first and so she tasted some enjoyably. I took a piece. It was really delicious, cooked to its crispiness and sweet too...after I swallowed my last piece she then told me that's a locust dish. :shock:
And then I ended our lunch with a loud laugh!!! I'm still alive!!! :)

Please check the picture. (courtesy of wikipedia)

:arrow: LOCUST

:)
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.



:-)
User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Location: house
Status: English Learner

Re: Insect food, have you ever tried?

Postby miss » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:21 am

neveer..how can :?: very disgusting..
btw i've funny story about my sister.One day she felt very sleepy,when her mouth open, a mosquito in to her mouth, she was startled but the mosquito was in.then she try to vomit it..but the mosquito still in..i think the mosquito was in until her intestine and will adsorbing by her body :mrgreen:
finaly she was tasted a mosquito..emm i want to know what the taste it??is delicious :lol:
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
User avatar
miss
Silver Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Status: English Learner

Re: Insect food, have you ever tried?

Postby Krisi » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:11 pm

miss wrote:neveer..how can :?: very disgusting..
btw i've funny story about my sister.One day she felt very sleepy,when her mouth open, a mosquito in to her mouth, she was startled but the mosquito was in.then she try to vomit it..but the mosquito still in..i think the mosquito was in until her intestine and will adsorbing by her body :mrgreen:
finaly she was tasted a mosquito..emm i want to know what the taste it??is delicious :lol:


She was still lucky!!! The mosquito is only one... :lol: :P :lol: :P
Last edited by Krisi on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.



:-)
User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Location: house
Status: English Learner

Re: Insect food, have you ever tried?

Postby miss » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Krisi wrote:
miss wrote:neveer..how can :?: very disgusting..
btw i've funny story about my sister.One day she felt very sleepy,when her mouth open, a mosquito in to her mouth, she was startled but the mosquito was in.then she try to vomit it..but the mosquito still in..i think the mosquito was in until her intestine and will adsorbing by her body :mrgreen:
finaly she was tasted a mosquito..emm i want to know what the taste it??is delicious :lol:


She was still lucky!!! The mosquito was alone... :lol: :P :lol: :P


yeah you right krisi..my sister was lucky..cause she was help the mosquito from alone :wink:
Maybe, if you alone..please visited to my sister mouth..welcome :mrgreen: :wink: :P
--just kidding--- :)
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
User avatar
miss
Silver Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Status: English Learner

Re: Insect food, have you ever tried?

Postby Krisi » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:43 pm

miss wrote:
Krisi wrote:
miss wrote:neveer..how can :?: very disgusting..
btw i've funny story about my sister.One day she felt very sleepy,when her mouth open, a mosquito in to her mouth, she was startled but the mosquito was in.then she try to vomit it..but the mosquito still in..i think the mosquito was in until her intestine and will adsorbing by her body :mrgreen:
finaly she was tasted a mosquito..emm i want to know what the taste it??is delicious :lol:


She was still lucky!!! The mosquito was alone... :lol: :P :lol: :P


yeah you right krisi..my sister was lucky..cause she was help the mosquito from alone :wink:
Maybe, if you alone..please visited to my sister mouth..welcome :mrgreen: :wink: :P
--just kidding--- :)

Wrong word! :roll:

I'm sorry I didn't think in that way (and didn't get what you mean)...maybe your level of thinking is different from mine.
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.



:-)
User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Location: house
Status: English Learner

Re:

Postby Sunnypk » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:33 am

Rory wrote:...
Yukky ! :shock:
...
I Can't even look at these things .. how about eating them ..
oh GOSH ..
they r disgusting , detestable !
...


hehe me too
even I can't imagine if we are bless with alot of natural things than what's the need of...?
As you so, so shall you reap
User avatar
Sunnypk
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:55 pm
Location: Pakistan
Status: English Learner

Next

Return to Food & Fitness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests