EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Breakfast~~

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Breakfast~~

Postby Xavia » Tue May 23, 2006 7:40 am

What do you usually have for breakfast?
You'd better tell us where you are from.Ok!
I'm the first!
I'm a Chinese,living in North China.
I usually have porridge,eggs,bread,etc.Sometimes I have noddles,dumpling,as well as some I can't write them down in English.
Now it's your turn!
Xavia

Postby Dixie » Tue May 23, 2006 10:53 am

Just a mug of warm milk with Nesquick. I am just not hungry when I get up. Sometimes I also have a magdalene but only because I don't wanna feel hungry before lunch.

I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I also know the rule that says "have a king's breakfast, a princess lunch and a vagabond dinner" but I just can't eat anything for breakfast. Maybe it is because I was raised that way. Just a mug of milk.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: Breakfast~~

Postby Dixie » Tue May 23, 2006 10:56 am

Xavia wrote: I usually have porridge,eggs,bread,etc.Sometimes I have noddles,dumpling,as well as some I can't write them down in English.

By the way, Xavia, i see that sometimes you have noodles for breakfast. Do you have rice, too?

When I was in Beijing, noodles and rice were part of the Chinese breakfast (there were two types of breakfast: Western and Chinese). I was astonished when I saw it the first day, because I usually have noodles or rice for dinner here in Europe when I go to a Chinese restaurant.
Dixie

Postby sofiahsu » Wed May 24, 2006 12:41 am

i eat very much in the morning
sometimes we eat oatmeal with milk in it and fried eggs and vegetables and fred dumpling
i donnot eat noodles in the morning, because it is complexed to cook it, i have not enough time to cook it
but when i live in the home of mother-in-law, she will cook it for me in the morning
perhaps i will eat some spicy souce to apitizor me
sofiahsu
Silver Member

Postby Xavia » Tue May 30, 2006 8:14 am

Thanks for your attention!
Actually, you can eat whatever you want if you have enough time.
Yes, in some parts of China people also eat rice at breakfast.Rice can be cooked with egg, sausage, fruit, meat or something else.Delicious!
Xavia

Food & Drink

Postby xebuyt » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:54 pm

I'm a Vietnamese and in our country,I usaully have sticky rice and noodle with beef in my breakfast .May be every one in our country as soon as me . Enjoy your breakfast !
Dear every body!
xebuyt

Postby nightingale » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:37 am

I'm Vietnamese, too :D
H m m, I often eat " pho " ( have you ever heard about this before? ) . It's also my favorite dish :D .
Of course, a glass of milk is necessary in my breakfast.
But sometimes, I want to change other dishes, such as: cereal, instant noodle and so on.
nightingale
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:36 am

nightingale wrote:H m m, I often eat " pho " ( have you ever heard about this before? ) . It's also my favorite dish :D .

No I have never heard about it, what is it exactly?
Dixie

Food & Drink

Postby xebuyt » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:22 pm

"Pho" as soon as " noodle with beef " . It's include a lot of long slice grind rice cake with hot broth and beef,spring onion . It's delicious !
xebuyt

Next

Return to Food & Fitness