EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Typical food in your country

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby MissLT » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:19 pm

It's a date, then. Redlobster, you and me, 8pm, wait for me at the door, I have coupons for two. :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby FIVER » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:06 am

LennyeTran wrote:It's a date, then. Redlobster, you and me, 8pm, wait for me at the door, I have coupons for two. :lol:

I've never been there, but big surprise there huh? LOL! I guess I'll have to resort to eating shrimp something. Shrimp is the only seafood I'll eat. :cry:
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:11 am

I've never been there, too. But seeing all the commercial on TV, I think they have steak there also. Smashed potato, corn, steak for... Man, I can't remember the price now. You like steak, don't you?

I see a lot of people go there for dinner. It seems like a a typical American dinner to me.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:14 am

FIVER wrote:[
I've never been there, but big surprise there huh? LOL! I guess I'll have to resort to eating shrimp something. Shrimp is the only seafood I'll eat. :cry:

You'd be in paradise if you came to my town, baby 8) Shrimp is the most typical and beloved food here :D

I don't like it though.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby FIVER » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:23 pm

LennyeTran wrote: You like steak, don't you?

Um for the most part I don't like steak either. IF that was the only thing available then I would but eating the side dishes would be good enough for me.
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby FIVER » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:25 pm

Dixie wrote:
You'd be in paradise if you came to my town, baby 8) Shrimp is the most typical and beloved food here :D

I don't like it though.

I think eating in a foreign country makes the food taste better (except if it's lobster). :wink:
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:24 pm

You're no fan of all-you-can-eat buffets then?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby FIVER » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:51 pm

I love buffets! But these ones in WA that I've been too :roll: - the food's kinda dry. That's why I'm not sure at this point. But somewhere like Red Lobster their food must be excellent!
FIVER
Platinum Member

Re: Typical food in your country

Postby Maricela » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Hello people... :lol: :lol:
in my country the typical food is a breakfast called "Gallo Pinto" is delicious and nutritious your ingredients are: rice, beans, sweet pepper, onion, cilantro.
Besides, you add whatever you like for example eggs, cheese, ham
I invite you to come to Costa Rica and enjoy it
Maricela

Re: Typical food in your country

Postby Maricela » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Dixie wrote:I was watching this programme on TV this week about Catalonia from the point of view of immigrants living here. They talk about a different topic every week. This week's topic was food.

Some immigrants mentioned that they were at first shocked at the sight of cured ham, but when they tasted it they liked it so much they wanted more. A Chinese man, who has been living here for 9 years, said that he went to China recently and all he could think of was cured ham :lol:

In Lleida, a very typical dish is snails!! That's another thing some of the immigrants were shocked about :D

What do you guys think of the two examples I just mentioned? What did you feel in viewing the images? Did you know about this type of food?

I will give more examples later.

Hello ...
In my case I do not like all those foods, well dont know nothing of this food, but I think it's interesting to see more of theme
Maricela

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Fitness