French food!!!

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

kylou

French food!!!

Post by kylou »

Hello everybody...
Somebody know the french food?
With a lot of cheese, french wine, mixing receipe, traditionnal food? did you have ever try to eat french food? do you have a french restaurant in your contry? what do you think about it?

see you soon

Arnaud
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

That's interesting, there's plenty of Chinese, Italian, Mexican or Turkish restaurants around here, but there are no French restaurants.

Can you introduce us to the most typical French dishes? And which one's your favorite? :D
kylou

Post by kylou »

Yes, i always surprise when i talk with people of other country, about food ansd restauant, cause french food is very famous, but you have less french restaurant into other country tahn italian, arabian, chiness restaurants.

Te french food is very various in fat. In famous and great restaurant yu could eat some leags of frogs,snail with garlic and parsley, seafood... and you have french traditional food, like cooked pork meats that you could eat with french wine "new beaujolais" very famous in other country.
You could eat, the "cassoulet" south west of france, a mix receipe with haricot bean with sauce , pork meat... the "choucroute" a speciality of the east of france, a mix of white cabbage, sausage and you drink a beer with it, that's delicious.
You could visit this website for more information, and contact me... i'm an excellent cooker :D
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

I love French exotic foods. I had tried many French foods while I was traveling in France a few years ago. The garlic frog leg and grill escargot in herb and butter are fantastic. Lunch with the skinny baget bread and duck liver pâtés with a glass of red wine is great. I love French pâtés .

There are few French restaurants in my town and they are good too.
kylou

Post by kylou »

yes it's allright...the french paté with red wine are excellent...
where do you live to have a lot of french restaurant?
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

kylou wrote:yes it's allright...the french paté with red wine are excellent...
where do you live to have a lot of french restaurant?
It’s in Boston Massachusetts state.
kylou

Post by kylou »

oh yes... i know that our americans friends like very much french food, and our bread and pastries!!!
many french baker come in usa to make a lot business.

Could you tell me something about USA?
Today, american people do have still a bad opinion about France and French or is it better than begin in irak war?
i've heard that american boycotted french wine and other products during this period. Is it allright?

See you friend!
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

kylou wrote:oh yes... i know that our americans friends like very much french food, and our bread and pastries!!!
many french baker come in usa to make a lot business.

Could you tell me something about USA?
Today, american people do have still a bad opinion about France and French or is it better than begin in irak war?
i've heard that american boycotted french wine and other products during this period. Is it allright?

See you friend!
To me most of Americans do like French. They love French culture and they like to travel to France, especially Paris city. However, there some people do have different opinion with French about the Iraq war but I think it’s just a nature of human being. People do have different ideas. I bet it’s the same thing happening in France and everywhere else.

I don’t see how Americans boycott French wines. Tehy are still one of the best selling import wines in USA. I love Beaujolais and Bordeaux wines.
kylou

Post by kylou »

ok i understand, and i agree that's the same thing everywhere!
ye s i know taht american like very much the french wines like beaujolais and bordeaux, but i know too, that you begin to have good wines too, in California isn't it? but i've heard that the french roots wine that american put into california to do wine...
is it allright?

see you friend!
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Yes, California wines are very good and I like them too. I don’t know much about the history of it so I’m not sure the wines root came from France. May be you are right! Hey, can you tell me the special French traditional dishes? I like to try them when I have a change. I may come to Paris next year though. Thanks
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

We have California wine in Napa that is one of the best wines in the world. 8)
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:We have California wine in Napa that is one of the best wines in the world. 8)
It’s cool! Is Napa Valley near your area Lenny?

http://www.napavalley.com/
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Three-hour driving. I haven't been there yet although everyone in my family has. They said it's really lovely. My mom loved the place. Last time, they took my uncle and aunt from Vietnam to Napa (they were in love with it). And too bad they could only take four bottles of Napa wine to Vietnam.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:Three-hour driving. I haven't been there yet although everyone in my family has. They said it's really lovely. My mom loved the place. Last time, they took my uncle and aunt from Vietnam to Napa (they were in love with it). And too bad they could only take four bottles of Napa wine to Vietnam.
Thanks Lenny. It's not bad for three hours dirve. Oh man, they traveled to far but allowed them to bring home only 4 bottles. It's too bad.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

2 bottles of wine in the luggage for each person as a rule, right? :?
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:2 bottles of wine in the luggage for each person as a rule, right? :?
Yes. You can only bring 2 bottles of liquors into USA. Any extra will be taxed. I am wondering Vietnam custom is the same?
fortminor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by fortminor »

I know nothing about french foods !
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:2 bottles of wine in the luggage for each person as a rule, right? :?
Yes. You can only bring 2 bottles of liquors into USA. Any extra will be taxed. I am wondering Vietnam custom is the same?
I think it's the same since they only brought four, two for each.
redadmiral

Post by redadmiral »

French dishes? there're many French restaurant in China, and i think French dishes is very exquisite、elegant and delicious, but it's very expensive :)
such as tuber melanosporum、caviar and goose liver paste...