EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Something extra while you're eating?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:21 am

Shazzam wrote:Anyway they say you dont pick up the symptom of being full if you are watching something and not focusing on how much you are eating. It just becomes a trigger for you to eat more. For example the tv is on so I better get something to eat because that is what you are used to doing.

That doesn't happen to me :D I get full immediately after starting to eat, so I don't think that watching tv becomes a trigger to eat more. My stomach would complain :lol:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Shazzam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:31 am

Dixie wrote:
Shazzam wrote:Anyway they say you dont pick up the symptom of being full if you are watching something and not focusing on how much you are eating. It just becomes a trigger for you to eat more. For example the tv is on so I better get something to eat because that is what you are used to doing.

That doesn't happen to me :D I get full immediately after starting to eat, so I don't think that watching tv becomes a trigger to eat more. My stomach would complain :lol:

You lucky little thing! I wish! :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:00 pm

Shazzam wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:She said it's not good to watch TV while eating.... :?

Yep I have been told that too Lenny. I lost 30kilos last year (which is quite embarrassing) TOO MANY CHILDREN!!! LOL...Anyway they say you dont pick up the symptom of being full if you are watching something and not focusing on how much you are eating. It just becomes a trigger for you to eat more. For example the tv is on so I better get something to eat because that is what you are used to doing.

I don't know. Maybe so since she's too skinny. She said she only eats when she's hungry, and it doesn't seem like to me she's hungry quite often.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:28 am

I know of a friend who eats with a mirror infront of her. Weird but true. She said it helps her in controlling how much food she eats. :roll:
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 am

TearHere wrote:I know of a friend who eats with a mirror infront of her. Weird but true. She said it helps her in controlling how much food she eats. :roll:

:shock: Aren't there better ways to control the amount of food you eat?
Dixie

Postby shokin » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:34 pm

When I eat, I have to be sure that I made this meal. :lol:

When I eat, I do nothing else, I take my time (even if time is taking me :lol: ).

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:47 pm

TearHere wrote:I know of a friend who eats with a mirror infront of her. Weird but true. She said it helps her in controlling how much food she eats. :roll:

:shock: She has a huge issue with her weight, eh?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:48 am

Dixie wrote: :shock: Aren't there better ways to control the amount of food you eat?

she's desperate.. :roll:

LennyeTran wrote::shock: She has a huge issue with her weight, eh?

kinda'.. she's never been that fat..so she's really really trying.....
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby Tora » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:44 am

Reading a book as well - when I'm just eating stupidly staring at something I feel like I'm wasting my time. Better save time killing two birds with one stone :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby redadmiral » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:39 am

I'm used to read the newspaper or chat with my friends, but my grandma said that talking like that is not polite :lol:
redadmiral

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Fitness