cheese, stinking but delicious?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Rach
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rach »

Tora wrote:I'm willing to taste la fondue - I've heard it's fantastically delicious - but it is so comlicated to cook - you need a special bowl, right?
I'm sure a simple pan and an electric stove you can put on the table would do it.

I was just looking in the web for a fondue recipe, OMG it's unbelievable what people make of fondues :shock: Red lobster or meatball fondues, or seafood cheese fondue :shock: I'm really open to try new recipes, but I don't think I could put seafood in a fondue*arghh*

Anyway, here's a recipe for an original Swiss fondue:

http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/cook ... /swiss.htm

By the way, it's a lot of fun to share a fondue with a couple of friends :lol: , because you can bet with them to do something funny, if someone loses his piece of bread in the fondue.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: cheese, stinking but delicious?

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:It’s better fit with my taste. Do you know “nuoc mam” is a noun officially on English dictionary? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nuoc%20mam
Whoooo hooooo!!! Last time I and my cousins were going shopping, and we smelled something really bad. We were telling ourselves that smell was kinda like nuoc mam. Then we turned around and saw a Vietnamese restaurant on the side of the road. :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Rach wrote: Red lobster or meatball fondues, or seafood cheese fondue :shock: I'm really open to try new recipes, but I don't think I could put seafood in a fondue*arghh*
We Vietnamese do seafood fondue, too, but we don't use cheese for fondue. We use chicken soup extract. The hot and spicy or Thai tomyum style is pretty good as a seafood fondue. 8)
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: cheese, stinking but delicious?

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:It’s better fit with my taste. Do you know “nuoc mam” is a noun officially on English dictionary? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nuoc%20mam
Whoooo hooooo!!! Last time I and my cousins were going shopping, and we smelled something really bad. We were telling ourselves that smell was kinda like nuoc mam. Then we turned around and saw a Vietnamese restaurant on the side of the road. :lol: :lol:
Yep! It’s a plus tip to find Vietnamese Restaurant while you are on the road. :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

And quite embarrassing, I must say, since the smell was really bad. :lol:
Rach
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rach »

LennyeTran wrote:We Vietnamese do seafood fondue, too, but we don't use cheese for fondue. We use chicken soup extract. The hot and spicy or Thai tomyum style is pretty good as a seafood fondue. 8)
Yeah we know that sort of fondue with chicken soup extract too, it's really tasty with seafood. We call it "Fondue Chinoise" (Chinese fondue), I have no idea why we call it like this. But the cheese fondue I coundn't stand with seafood :shock:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Because people tend to think China is a cradle of Asian culture.....
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I haven't had the cheese seafood fondue. Actually I haven't had any cheese fondue. Cheese fondue, it sounds pretty fatty to me. And since I'm lactose intolerant, I'll have a hard time with the bathroom break after eating it.