foods in my country

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

nemo
Rising Star
Rising Star

foods in my country

Post by nemo »

malaysian famous foods are:

NASI LEMAK
RENDANG
KETUPAT
LAKSA
SATE
.....and many more
Surprisingly, i don't eat all that....
fadi

Post by fadi »

seem they r very delicious
:D :D
but can u tell us what they r made from???really i like orientel food.,.espically chinese :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: foods in my country

Post by Dixie »

nemo wrote:malaysian famous foods are:

NASI LEMAK
RENDANG
KETUPAT
LAKSA
SATE
.....and many more
Surprisingly, i don't eat all that....
Very nice, but I have no idea what they are. Why don't you introduce us more to Malaysian food? :D
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hi friend!! Well, they already asked you for telling us what those food are about!!! :P By the way, what's the meaning of those names???
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Does "hamburger" have a meaning? :lol:
nemo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nemo »

hello Admiral, Oriani, Dixie and fadi......how's your day????????
well......your question about malaysian foods???????
ok... i tell you about nasi lemak because most malaysian eat it in the morning during breakfast.....no matter what races they are ....
nasi lemak is rice which is cooked with coconut milk, added with white onion, anchovies, cucumbers, nuts , eggs and it is a little bit spicy.

Rendang and satay is made from chicken or meat and often preserved during hari raya, the celebrations which is celebrated after fasting month for es here and muslims...

But you know, it is very hard to recognize certain foods for certain races, because we have many races and we eat what another people from another races eat, except for some foods that is illegal in Islamic Religion.

That's all and emm....emm....talking about food makes my stomach singing........see you again guys.....bye..... :lol:
fadi

Post by fadi »

nemo wrote:hello Admiral, Oriani, Dixie and fadi......how's your day????????
ok... i tell you about nasi lemak because most malaysian eat it in the morning during breakfast.....no matter what races they are ....
nasi lemak is rice which is cooked with coconut milk, added with white onion, anchovies, cucumbers, nuts , eggs and it is a little bit spicy.

Rendang and satay is made from chicken or meat and often preserved during hari raya, the celebrations which is celebrated after fasting month for es here and muslims...

But you know, it is very hard to recognize certain foods for certain races, because we have many races and we eat what another people from another races eat, except for some foods that is illegal in Islamic Religion.

That's all and emm....emm....talking about food makes my stomach singing........see you again guys.....bye..... :lol:
thx nemo for this information about malaysian food.,.its seem very delicious. :D :D :D

but as u from an eastern asia country i want to ask somthin

is there somthin in common between the food of malaysia and china????because here in my country(JORDAN) in middle east there are a lot of chinese resturants and there food r really tasts goods :D
nemo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nemo »

fadi wrote:
nemo wrote:hello Admiral, Oriani, Dixie and fadi......how's your day????????

thx nemo for this information about malaysian food.,.its seem very delicious. :D :D :D

but as u from an eastern asia country i want to ask somthin

is there somthin in common between the food of malaysia and china????because here in my country(JORDAN) in middle east there are a lot of chinese resturants and there food r really tasts goods :D
hello fadi.....how are you ????????????
talking about your question........i don't know exactly the right answer but i'm sure it's yes and i have 2 reasons to support what i'm saying.

The first reason is chinese in my country are originated fron Yunnan, China and they had came here many years ago. They have lived, married and asimilated with aborigines and of course, they bring together their culture, language and their foods.......When my country got its independent from British on 1957, they become malaysia citizen and as the time passing by, we share together many things as malaysian.

But, you know, Chinese is a race and race is still a race, no matter where you are and what you believe.emm....think about yourself, if you leave Jordan and decide to live in malaysia for a long run, i'm sure you will never forget you former food in Jordan and you will try to make Jordanian foods in malaysia........

The second reason and i think the hardest reason to support i have said is.....eventough chinese in China and Chinese in malaysia are quit different, they are Chinaian and we are malaysian, but, both of us are Asian and this value make us have something in common....especially foods..........

So....what do you think fadi......it is help you????????? i hope it will be.......hey, tell me about yours....there are many Jordanians here, especially in my university.......good bye fadi.... see you later
onni

Post by onni »

I saw "RENDANG" on TV., and i wanna know what it taste like????
nemo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nemo »

onni wrote:I saw "RENDANG" on TV., and i wanna know what it taste like????
hi Onni.....
Rendang tastes is a little bit spicy ( depend to the amount of chilli added, more spicy.... more delicious )milky,sweet and delicious....hey, you want to try... just buy instant rendang from supermaket...maybe you have it.....but the taste is different from original and not delicious......

goodbye Onni....see you later... :)
Sunnypk
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: foods in my country

Post by Sunnypk »

nemo wrote:malaysian famous foods are:

NASI LEMAK
RENDANG
KETUPAT
LAKSA
SATE