cellulite

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

MerryA

cellulite

Post by MerryA »

To have a body wihout any problem is the aim for every one but how can we have that if we have cellulite. I think it is a great problem that makes our body ugly. most of areas that are affected by cellulite can be found in thighs and sometimes in arms. If any one here had this problem and could overcome it successfully please tell us about her story with cellulite.
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I have dark spots at the back of my knees due to the sweating caused by humidity in Vietnam, and I still wear skirts, shorts, etc. above my knees whenever I feel like it. I don't see it as a problem. I can't be sensitive about those spots when there are people who are blind, mute, crippled, etc.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Can cellulite be fixed doing exercises???
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Oriani wrote:Can cellulite be fixed doing exercises???
It can be reduced, but I don't think you can make it disappear :roll: I read somewhere that we all have it (at least most of us) and that it's impossible to get totally rid of it! :evil:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Dixie wrote:
It can be reduced, but I don't think you can make it disappear :roll: I read somewhere that we all have it (at least most of us) and that it's impossible to get totally rid of it! :evil:
Too bad!!!! :evil: I'm going to the gym everyday but I have noticed that I have a kind of cellulite in my abdomen :evil: :( :(
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:? Okay, now what the hell is cellulite? I thought it was dark spots on your body....
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Do you mean striae maybe? :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote::? Okay, now what the hell is cellulite? I thought it was dark spots on your body....
Click me, Lennye!
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

image don't get hurt
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Oh... Is it difficult to avoid cellulite?
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Oriani wrote:Oh... Is it difficult to avoid cellulite?
As I suppose you can't have no cellulite at all if you a mature woman - it is an issue of our hormones

as a cure to reduce it - a very good one - is sauna, I was told many times that it is efficient, but you should keep in mind - it is only for those who don't have problems with heart, and the therapy should be rare - 2 a week maximum, moreover it's a brilliant relaxation :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Thanks. I thought she meant dark spots at first. Anyway, this I have a lot. Is it weird if I have it around my chest area? :?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:Thanks. I thought she meant dark spots at first. Anyway, this I have a lot. Is it weird if I have it around my chest area? :?
It appears there too!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I have a lot there and on my thighs, where all my fats are. :cry:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:I have a lot there and on my thighs, where all my fats are. :cry:
I think that is common in girls! I don't know very much about the cure or how to avoid them or cute down that situation. In my case, I have a few on my thighs too and it makes me angry because I'm too white and it doesn't look good :cry: :cry:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

My thighs are pale also. I'm waiting for the summer to tan them. However, I might do it at a quiet nude beach. By the way, do you have a lot of white stripes on your thighs? I have a lot of those there for some reasons, especially the numbed area on my right thigh.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:My thighs are pale also. I'm waiting for the summer to tan them. However, I might do it at a quiet nude beach. By the way, do you have a lot of white stripes on your thighs? I have a lot of those there for some reasons, especially the numbed area on my right thigh.
I just have a few but they look terrible and it bothers me :cry: .

I also think about taking a tan, maybe this April 14th that some students from California are coming and we're going to show them some Venezuelan beaches. I will take advantage of it and take the tan :wink: ; honestly I don't know why they have to appear, why we have to have them. What I know is that I've gotten them for a long time :?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

It seems like we have those white stripes after puberty. I and my cousins didn't have them when we were little. However, we started to get them after puberty. That's what I remember. They don't seem to go away even we do running. One of my cousins runs like an hour or two everyday, and she still has them.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Yes! Unfortunately, they don't disappear! :cry:

I always go to the gym, I eat in a healthly way, etc.. and they stay there; I think they look worse :? but I have to live with it!!! I have no choice.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Ohhh girls!terrible all what you say. I´m 48, I´m fat, I´m on diet, do excersice, and almost do the same things of you and I don´t have any stripe in hips, thighs, etc.
Well I can´t say I don´t have any stripe, I have four in the low part of the arm, just next to the armpit. My sister used to say that it is because I get weight and suddenly I reduce, but this is uncredible, because I know girls as you that were all the time thin and suddenly they get those marks.
Here at México indian doctors said that the stress provoque the stripes, and they make a tratament based in wrappers with herbs, but I don´t have money to go to the mountains and be there some weeks.
:cry:
roses

cellulite

Post by roses »

Cellulite is caused by water retention that occurs in every menstrual period. Hence, it cannot be got rid of. I suppose that the sauna might work to some extent by reducing fluid levels. But creams, lotions etc can only have at best a cosmetic benefit.

Of course, I have never had cellulite and never will. So, for people of my chromosomal composition, can someone suggest a cure for accidentally bashing yourself in the testicles? :)
Isaura

Post by Isaura »

Is not difficult. You just have to do exercises every day and stop drinking fizzy drinks.
etan

Post by etan »

Dixie wrote:
I'm agree with Dixie, you can't rid of it but if you practise exercises every day, you can reduce it. Don't forget it : we are what we eat !
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

etan wrote: Don't forget it : we are what we eat !
Exactly!
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

But I eat in a healthly way and I have them :( maybe my genes don't help me that much.. I don't know!
basmla

Post by basmla »

hi every body

no one can avoid cellulite 100% but you can reduce it by doing exercises and using butter cocoa cream its very good for spots, burns, and cellulite.

good luck
:)
basmla

Post by basmla »

hi every body

no one can avoid cellulite 100% but you can reduce it by doing exercises and using butter cocoa cream its very good for spots, burns, and cellulite.

good luck
:)
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Cellulite is just another word for "FAT".

Stop eating so much and you will lose it
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Cellulite is more than fat Danyet. even thiny women have cellulite.It give to the skin the appereance of the skin of orange. A friend of mine adopt a custum. give a massage in the area only with your hand all the time. while you work, drink, dance, stand up for the bus, etc. The only problem is that people think you are masturbating you. But if you want you can, forget the people and continuo with the massages.
roses wrote:Of course, I have never had cellulite and never will. So, for people of my chromosomal composition, can someone suggest a cure for accidentally bashing yourself in the testicles?
This is not funny.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I'm serious, it is still just fat. It is nothing but an assemblage of fat cells that causes the skin to dimple, thereby making it appear lumpy.
Daily exercise helps a great deal in reducing the Cellulite and thus bringing the body back in shape. Along with exercises, it is of utmost importance to take care of your diet. Detoxification is very essential. Do not indulge in consuming foods that contain high content of toxins. One of the most excellent ways to eliminate Cellulite is to build muscle. For every pound of muscle that you build, you tend to lose 50 calories per day.
http://beauty.indobase.com/cellulite/index.html
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Elba wrote: A friend of mine adopt a custum. give a massage in the area only with your hand all the time. while you work, drink, dance, stand up for the bus, etc. The only problem is that people think you are masturbating you..
I was thinking of doing it until I got to the masturbating part :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Dixie wrote:
Elba wrote: A friend of mine adopt a custum. give a massage in the area only with your hand all the time. while you work, drink, dance, stand up for the bus, etc. The only problem is that people think you are masturbating you..

I was thinking of doing it until I got to the masturbating part :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can imagine that! :wink: