EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

insomnia

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

insomnia

Postby Vega » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:01 am

Hi. What should I do if I have insomnia? I'm waking up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. Have you ever faced with insomnia? :roll:
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby milococosiro » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:29 am

Yes, when I was in highschool and was preparing for university entrance examination but it lasted for a short time because I realized it's terrible for health, therefore, I force myself to follow a routine.

Most of people who suffer from insomnia use sleeping pills. Have you used them? I hope you haven't used much.

During the day, except a nap, don't sleep too much. The most important thing is you shouldn't stay up late day by day, and don't make your mind stressful. Because they really cause bad effects on your insomnia.
Some suggestions for you to adapt sleeping earlier habit: in the evening, before you go to bed, let's take a warm shower; after that, drink a glass of warm milk; then, read book or listen to gentle melodies till you feel asleep.
Good luck :D
milococosiro
Silver Member

Postby Vega » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks a lot for an advice. ..:wink:
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:34 am

Xkalibur wrote:Thanks a lot for the advice. ..:wink:
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Bambang » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:08 pm

How about doing some exercise in the evening so that you'll get tired at night?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Re: insomnia

Postby jrkp » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:01 pm

Xkalibur wrote:Hi. What should I do if I have insomnia? I'm waking up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. Have you ever faced with insomnia? :roll:

Yes, but only when I have a big problem and I can't find a solution.... Maybe you are in that situation. If that so, you need to find one, otherwise you will keep awaking in the middle of the night.....
jrkp
Gold Member

Postby Danyet » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:53 am

Perhaps you should become a musician, Xkalibur. They are always awake in the middle of the night and for them it is OK! I have been known to stay up all night writing and recording songs till 5am for days in a row. I have to sleep during the day though.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby sweets » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 pm

well it is not ur problem waking in midnight asking urself why iget up???????????

for my i think cuz. that ur sterss too much or something bothering u during the day so do not think about ur problems in the bed and be sure that in are not the bed unless u were really need to sleep :wink:

have a good sleep with sweet dreams :roll:

cheeeeeeeers
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:28 pm

looking up in my books about hay diet (is it the right definition of a diet when you eat fats, proteins and carbohydrates separately :?: ) I remembered of you, Xkalibur... there was a tip against insomnia - beet-root juice mixed half with honey - they say it helps

I wonder will you bother with the cooking? :D
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby ERPS » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:27 am

I got insomnia too, and sometimes once in a while... I agree with both diet and exercise solutions... maybe you're eating too much sugar and not releasing that energy properly. Or maybe you're not finishing something, I dunno, but you should try eating right and doing sports, also un-stressing yourself or the juice solution...
ERPS
Silver Member

Next

Return to Food & Fitness