What food did you hate when you were kid?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Me, too. Now I can be able to eat it. My mom cooks it with eggs or stuff it with meat. And it's soooo delicious when she makes it into a vegetarian dish. It's strange how I hated it when I was little, but now I sometimes enjoy the bitter taste. Every time I eat it, I always appreciate the fact that my mom didn't use her power to make me eat it during my childhood, another reason to get used to the taste, methinks. :D
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

i also hated the radish.. http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/image ... adish1.jpg

Mom prepares it as an appetizer.. but that doesn't quite entice me to eat..eww :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

TearHere wrote:i also hated the radish.. http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/image ... adish1.jpg

Mom prepares it as an appetizer.. but that doesn't quite entice me to eat..eww :?
No wonder... :lol:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I hated milk and gruel made of it...I avoid them nowadays too. :? I really hate it. :)
metaltoy

Post by metaltoy »

LennyeTran wrote:Japanese cuisine is mainly made of seafood. Almost everything has seafood in it. That's why I find it very strange to see a person who doesn't like seafood is Japanese. He is, in fact, the first Japanese I've come across who doesn't like seafood.
I like seafood Now. But I didn't like to eat seafood in childhood.
I felt the taste was bitter and sour.
And I wasn't able to remove the bones from a fish well.
Sometimes one of pin bones stuck in my throat. I also didn't like it.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I thought that in sea fish isn't that much bones. In fresh-water fish (example bream) seems to be much more. It's a real pain to eat bream, when you're too hungry. U get 10 times berserk and kill everyone around before u could finish it. :lol:
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

Dixie wrote:
TearHere wrote:i also hated the radish.. http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/image ... adish1.jpg

No wonder... :lol:
Have you tasted it? If you haven't, I say don't.. :lol: Its taste sucks really.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

No I haven't... and I don't think I ever will... :roll:
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

I hated and I still do eat black pudding or blood pudding, whatever you wanna call it :evil: ... I haven`t been able to understand how people can eat blood... :shock:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I didn't like black budding because of lard. Usually there was always pieces of lard inside. I still don't like lard. Fortunately lately they don't but so much lard into sausage. I think I did read somewhere that Sausage makers are in unfortunate because Estonians prefer meat products that doesn't contain much fat.. so they try to export. But I have nothing against of black budding, my mom did it some time when we used to farming.. The paste or dough(I don't know how should to call it) really did look horrifying pink before boiling :lol: I only don't like black budding sausage, because it's usually made of natural gut. Gut is hard to chew. Even worse is to prepare them.. Once we also did try to do sausage but failed since guts weren't good. It's not like that I don't want it eat because it's gut, Really I'm lazy to chew.

Radish I have ate, red one and white one. I can't say I liked. It was bitter.
Miko

Post by Miko »

I hate snake gruel very very much but my elder sister loves it. Hic hic :evil: . I love candies and chocolates.I dislike blue dragon,too :shock:
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Miko wrote:I hate snake gruel very very much but my elder sister loves it. Hic hic :evil: . I love candies and chocolates.I dislike blue dragon,too :shock:
No kidding :!: :o They idea of eating them sounds scary enough

As for me, I had bad memories with sea food :?
Ladym

kids and foods

Post by Ladym »

I think that the fish and all that was horrible for me, in fact, i still hate it
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What food did you hate when you were kid?

Post by sweethuman »

Tomato, and all vegetables