EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Why they sell sliced bread?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Why they sell sliced bread?

Postby Hardi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:01 am

I have already long time wondered why they sell so much sliced bread? It's really rare to get fresh unsliced one. I'm talking about rye-bread. White breads seems they have choice in most stores, but I'm not sure, I don't like white one. If I ask from sellers, they just ignorantly say that people like slicked one, but I hardly believe it. Slicked one is never fresh and it doesn't have that good rye-bread smell. And slicked one get also mould much quicker. There's only one small store near to me where I can get fresh unsliced one.

How about you? Do you prefer that it's presliced for you?
Do you like rye-bread?
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:17 am

Firstly, I love rye-bread, it needs nothing to be put on it and is yummy itself

Secondly, I never bye sliced bread, but I have never wondered why it exists. I may follow my laziness idea - people are getting lazy to slice bread for themselves as far they are lazy to walk, do exercises and study spelling and grammar :lol:

though it may come in handy on a picnic or when you're a tourist and want to bye some bread but you haven't brought a knife to be served by yourself
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Food & Fitness