Do you like Chinese Dim Sum?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

chemman

Do you like Chinese Dim Sum?

Post by chemman »

HI, everyone.
i come form H.K.
I wanna know Why many people think dim sum too oil.
Would you tell me?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

What's dim sum?
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

I'm curious to know what dim sum is too.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Dim probably is same as lusterless there and Sum is obviously total.. Then dim sum is something that makes you totally lusterless.
zdenek

Re: Do you like Chinese Dim Sum?

Post by zdenek »

What does H.K. meens? I know cyech city Hradec Kralove..
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

zdenek wrote:What does H.K. meens? I know cyech city Hradec Kralove..
I think it's Hong Kong.
aznfantasii

Post by aznfantasii »

LOL. first of all, H.K does stand for Hong Kong. Secondly, Dim dum is a chinese cuisine which involves wide range of small dishes served with some tea. I live in Canada, and you can eat dim sums at chinese peking restaurants. Its mostly served during breakfast though. Waiters/waitresses walk around while pushing a cart with a certain kinds of dim sum dishes on there, yelling out the name of it to let people know what they are serving

:mrgreen:

Dim sum are oily because they contain fat. well some of them do, lol. I dont go to the restaurant too often just to eat dim sum...its not healthy..thats why theres so much oil
&&trance
- -Dance To It
badbunny

Post by badbunny »

Well.
I have eaten Dimsum at Chinese restautant in Hanoi.
It's good! And i like Chinese food :X
Nothing impossible
jingjing

Post by jingjing »

Dim sum is sooo delicious I thinh. I am from Vietnam, I am a Vietnamese Chinese, so I like to enjoy Dim Sum and tea on Sunday with my family. :D :) :lol:
emilyzheng

Post by emilyzheng »

aznfantasii wrote:LOL. first of all, H.K does stand for Hong Kong. Secondly, Dim dum is a chinese cuisine which involves wide range of small dishes served with some tea. I live in Canada, and you can eat dim sums at chinese peking restaurants. Its mostly served during breakfast though. Waiters/waitresses walk around while pushing a cart with a certain kinds of dim sum dishes on there, yelling out the name of it to let people know what they are serving

:mrgreen:

Dim sum are oily because they contain fat. well some of them do, lol. I dont go to the restaurant too often just to eat dim sum...its not healthy..thats why theres so much oil
hi, i am from chinese, i should say some of you opinion on dim sum is not exactly right, for sure, chinese dim sum include large rang of food, salty, sweet or other flavors. only some of them are full of oil and fat. but others such as cookies are not. sometimes dim sum seems like snacks in other countries. they are made of honey, egg, and vegetables . the tast is very good, only as a native chinese, i can not say how many dim sums there are in chinese , i only know a little of them . each place has various and different dim sums. so once you come to china for travelling, you must have taste the local dim sum .