EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Can you eat octopus?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby yamaasu » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:12 am

Hardi wrote:Do you go also your self to fishing sometime yamaasu? If yes, then what fish did you catch? Have you catch octopus?


I have been to the fishing with a father when I was children.
I was able to catch a horse mackerel and a cuttlefish then.
But it was difficult to catch an octopus.
In Japan, We catch the octopus with a spider hole.
yamaasu
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:01 am
Location: JAPAN-Kobe

Postby yamaasu » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:36 am

I live in Kobe city.
Kobe is famous for takoyaki.
Have you eaten takoyaki?
When we eat takoyaki we dip the takoyaki in soup stock or sauce .
I like takoyaki dipped in sauce.
yamaasu
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:01 am
Location: JAPAN-Kobe

Postby Hardi » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:19 pm

yamaasu wrote:I have been to the fishing with a father when I was children.
I was able to catch a horse mackerel and a cuttlefish then.
But it was difficult to catch an octopus.
In Japan, We catch the octopus with a spider hole.
Thank you for reply, it was interesting. I didn't know what spider hole is.

When I was kid I often went to fishing with my 2 older brother. I did not liked fishing, but I liked going there with my brothers. I always got most fish also. I think I have had got only Crucian carp. We used to go fishing to 2 different forest lakes that was near. It was difficult to go there, because land was swampy, but there was a lot of fish.

I haven't ate takoyaki, but when I come to Kobe I surely will. ;)
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: European Union
Status: Other

Postby bellota » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 pm

No I`m not thinking to eat octopus in my life maybe in only one ocasion, if I get in the middle of the ocean and I don´t have any thing to eat probably I could eat octopus but only in this situation.
bellota
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Heredia-Costa Rica

Postby bellota » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Yamaasu did you like that type of food of your country? How often did you eat octopus??
bellota
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Heredia-Costa Rica

Postby yamaasu » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Hardi wrote:
yamaasu wrote:I have been to the fishing with a father when I was children.
I was able to catch a horse mackerel and a cuttlefish then.
But it was difficult to catch an octopus.
In Japan, We catch the octopus with a spider hole.
Thank you for reply, it was interesting. I didn't know what spider hole is.

When I was kid I often went to fishing with my 2 older brother. I did not liked fishing, but I liked going there with my brothers. I always got most fish also. I think I have had got only Crucian carp. We used to go fishing to 2 different forest lakes that was near. It was difficult to go there, because land was swampy, but there was a lot of fish.

I haven't ate takoyaki, but when I come to Kobe I surely will. ;)


I mistook the word of spider hole.It means octopus pot.
Please eat takoyaki if you come to Kobe.
I think that you like it.
yamaasu
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:01 am
Location: JAPAN-Kobe

Re: Can you eat octopus?

Postby MissLT » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:52 am

yamaasu wrote:I heard that American cannot eat an octopus lately.

We eat a octopus in my country, so I was very surprised to heard that.

In your country, can you eat an octopus?

I was watching the travel channel today and I saw one person was eating octopus and squid ice cream. Is it true that you have octopus ice cream in Japan? :shock:
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby yamaasu » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:08 am

bellota wrote:No I`m not thinking to eat octopus in my life maybe in only one ocasion, if I get in the middle of the ocean and I don´t have any thing to eat probably I could eat octopus but only in this situation.


Why do you dislike an octopus that much?
Cannot you eat for reasons of the religions ?
Please teach it if good.
yamaasu
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:01 am
Location: JAPAN-Kobe

Postby yamaasu » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:11 am

bellota wrote:Yamaasu did you like that type of food of your country? How often did you eat octopus??


I like Japanese foods.
It is tempura and sushi.
The octopus is used for tempura and sushi.
The octopus sometimes eats.
yamaasu
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:01 am
Location: JAPAN-Kobe

Re: Can you eat octopus?

Postby metaltoy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:30 pm

LennyeTran wrote:I was watching the travel channel today and I saw one person was eating octopus and squid ice cream. Is it true that you have octopus ice cream in Japan? :shock:


Although I know there is jellyfish ice cream, I didn't know such ice cream.
I searched the octopus and squid ice cream on google and found them.
http://www.geocities.jp/begomakan/begom ... ko_ika.jpg
metaltoy
Silver Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:23 pm
Location: Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Fitness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests