Medical Advice.

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

sure

Medical Advice.

Post by sure »

What's a good medicine for migraine? Is there anyone here who can help me? :(
Hold on!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Medical Advice.

Post by Krisi »

I don't know any and I'm suffering from a terrible migraine too. At times, I could not stand up and do not wish to see the light. And no matter how hard I try to sleep, I just couldn't sleep and will just feel the tears running down my cheeks because of the terrible pain.

I have heard that a change in altitude can trigger a migraine. I wonder if this is true???
Is there a member who can help me understand this? Could you please help me?
Last edited by Krisi on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

I used to be suffer by migraine....but I try doing this and migraine gone down.........

If you have a sore head or migraine......lie down on a cool pillow.....close your eyes.....listen to music with low volume........
I was successful of take away migraine.......
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

denvinbo wrote:I used to be suffer by migraine....but I try doing this and migraine gone down.........

If you have a sore head or migraine......lie down on a cool pillow.....close your eyes.....listen to music with low volume........
I was successful of take away migraine.......
Thanks Denvinbo. I'll try this.
esl member since 2007
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

:)
unmaikural

Post by unmaikural »

Hi,

I have migraine with aura for the past 8 years. I have been practicing vipassana meditation for the past 4 years and i found that my frequency of migraine has considerably gone down. Even if migraine comes i can handle the pain without any fear. Thus the pain also vanishes in a short time. May be u can try this meditation technique...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

unmaikural wrote:Hi,

I have migraine with aura for the past 8 years. I have been practicing vipassana meditation for the past 4 years and i found that my frequency of migraine has considerably gone down. Even if migraine comes i can handle the pain without any fear. Thus the pain also vanishes in a short time. May be u can try this meditation technique...
Sorry, what's migraine with aura? :roll:
unmaikural

Post by unmaikural »

There are 2 types of migraine - Classical and common. The classical type always precedes with visual disturbances such as zigzag lines, black spots etc... commonly called as aura. This will last for 30 minutes and then comes the severe pain. So far there has been no cure for migraine because the cause is not known exactly. But if are a meditator, then you can see very deeply inside you that whenever there is some kind of tension or stress inside migraine manifests. Migraines are mostly psychosomatic. Meditation has indeed reduced my migraine occurences.
miss

Post by miss »

if you suffer with migraine or headache..u can taken some medicine for analgesic
analgesic is one subtance that will elimination your pain..exactly many pain..include migraine.
analgesis had two group.Non steroid and steroid.For migraine case, simple pain we commonly use are non steroid, had minimal side effect.for examples medicine : metampyron, acetaminophen, acid mefenamic, ibuprofen..etc. the medicine you can bought at a drugstore.
but if your migraine was chronic i advice you to check to a doctor... :idea:
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
Sunnypk
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sunnypk »

I think one should not be ever consider the right cure of taking medicines rather than finding the cause of it.

If you think you have migraines consult a doctor immediately before attempting treatment. Although migraines are a fairly common problem, the causes and treatments of migraines are complex and unique to the individual. Talk to a doctor who can explain the possible causes of your migraines, and help you find the best possible way to get rid of your migraines.
As you sew, so shall you reap
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

What kind of migraine do u have ?
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
dhanarajesh

Post by dhanarajesh »

Try to get good treatment immediately.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

I dont think so if it can have any better solution. Headache is a big problem.