EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How can I sleep well

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

How can I sleep well

Postby wonllin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:24 am

Every night I had many many dreams.....after waking up I can remember them clearly. During the daytime I am sleepy and have no strength. Memory is become worse....

what can I do?
wonllin

Re: How can I sleep well

Postby sweets » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:53 pm

i think u have to make ur mind empty of thoughts before sleeping it's workd sometimes beside try to make some excersies
i hope it works with u
cheeeeeeers
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:06 pm

I've got problem with sleeping too..I don't sleep in the nights..In the afternoon when I come home I sleep till the evening..then when I wake up I feel so depressed.. :?
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby zaman » Tue May 06, 2008 11:50 am

you must do some excercise before sleep , take shower and drink warm milk.
that is what i will do if could not sleep easialy
zaman
Gold Member

Postby louiehu » Wed May 07, 2008 2:05 am

You must forget everything before sleeping.I know that it's a difficult.But you must insist on it.Forgetting and take it easy........... You can do it. :)
Lucky prince-----Louie
louiehu

Postby metaltoy » Wed May 07, 2008 3:29 pm

louiehu wrote:You must forget everything before sleeping.I know that it's a difficult.But you must insist on it.Forgetting and take it easy........... You can do it. :)

I agree with you. Sometimes I can't sleep well either. I mostly think about my personal problems at such time.
So I try to do something that I can forget them.
For instance, I listen to the radio programs for studying English as I lay down.
Whenever I start to studying English, I become sleepy soon. So it works for me.
metaltoy
Silver Member

Postby Tora » Wed May 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Oh, guys, I love when you say "to get rid of your thoughts", actually it is not easier than to get rid of the oatmeal cookies' crumbs from your bed (Yeah, I also like drinking hot milk with cookies before falling asleep) :D

Well, you know, I have been waking up recently very tired also, such awful dreams, colourful, vivid, weird... woof! In my area it's spring time and I connect my inner condition with the transformations in the nature. I hope it will pass soon :mrgreen:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Annaa » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:21 am

People say that poeple that r in love don`t sleep well :lol: :lol: :oops: :-D :-D .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:45 am

Don't think anything when you sleep......You should lie on the soft and cool pillow to make your head comfortable....and then let your brain be free....... :-D :-D
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby frdsmth » Thu May 28, 2009 6:52 am

You don't usually need to think very much about sleep. It's just a part of life's routine, but most people do find it hard to sleep at some point. There's even a word for it - insomnia. It's often just for a short time, perhaps when you're worried or excited. When things settle down, you get back to sleeping normally. If you can't get back to sleeping well, it can be a real problem because sleep keeps our minds and bodies healthy.

Sleep is the regular period in every 24 hours when we are unconscious and unaware of our surroundings.
frdsmth

Next

Return to Food & Fitness