EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The most popular sport in your country?

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderators: Vega, EC

The most popular sport in your country?

Postby amorerac » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi I like to know which sport is the most popular in your native country.

In my country (Costa Rica) is football soccer, all the man like to play them, and is almost the unique one that is transmitted by TV. In the resent years the women begin to play it too.
Here exist two very popular teams, Saprissa and Alajuelense. A match between these two teams catches the attention of all the country. :lol:
amorerac

Postby DYWAN » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:42 am

In my country, which is POLAND the most popular sport is football too. Football players gets the highest salary of every events. The first league called ORANGE EKSTRAKLASA which play 16 teams in. The best teams are WISŁA KRAKÓW (my team :-), LEGIA WARSZAWA, KORONA KIELCE or LECH POZNAŃ. The second of the most popular event in my country is volleyball. Men's representatnion is actual on the second place in the world after BRASIL. women are good too (EUROPE champions). Unfortunately, my event which is cycling isn't too popular , how I would like.
DYWAN

Re: The most popular sport in your country?

Postby sweethuman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 am

Soccer and Cricket
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Re: The most popular sport in your country?

Postby benny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:24 am

Definitely, Football is most popular sport in my country But I have to say that it is very famous in the whole world, especially whole Europe. I think European people are crazy about this sport.
benny

Return to Sports & Hobbies