EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Great Wall of China

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

The Great Wall of China

Postby Dixie » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:13 pm

I saw someone was talking about the Great Wall on the General Discussion forum, and I was wondering if any Chinese members (above all Redrose) or anyone who has visited it could tell us about it. Have you ever seen it? What's it like? I've just seen it on movies. I've just walked on a fake one in a theme park near my town. I really think the Great Wall is a work of art! How long is it? :roll:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby francine » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:04 pm

i'd like to see the 'great wall of china too'. they said that you'll be able to see it from outer space. :D
francine
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:21 pm

Thank you, Lilian! I am browsing the website you provided ;)
Dixie

Postby RedRose » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:55 pm

The Great Wall of China is very grand and splendid! I have been to the Great Wall for 3 times in the past. The previous two times visits happened during my college time. Then my college was about two-hour-car distance from the first gate of The Great Wall <ShanHai Gate>. Once my ex-bf told me:"we should go to The Great Wall for a trip!" I agreed. that was a nice trip! We stood on the Great Wall and shouted out! how relaxing! just two months after we returned back to our school, we went to the Great Wall again~! Coz she was so great! I even don't know how to describe her beauty and charm! No wonder why people around world love her!

last year I went to BeiJing( China's capital) for a medicine conference, and I visited The Great Wall again~! I still don't know how to describe her charm and attraction!
RedRose

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:09 pm

I'd really love to visit it someday.
Dixie

Postby jonrey10 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:33 pm

One of the Wonders of the World.... :D

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
jonrey10
Gold Member

Postby greatJim » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:20 am

What do you think of the fake one,Dixie.?
:D The great wall could be seen in outer space.One report from USA proves it.They use a kind of camera,getting the photo.
Last year,an Chinese astraunomor went to the space.after he returned,he said he hadn't seen the great wall.
This message was out of surprise,made us all depressed.Since the relevant knowledge is writtern into the book of primary school.
But the possible truth is one can't see it by naked eyes.
So the American scientists keep the legend going on.Because they just found it when they were doing spy work in China. 8) 8) :lol:
The fact is the great wall is very long.not always consecutive now.But really an unbelievable work.it traverses several provinces.And with several kinds of styles.
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby RedRose » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:14 pm

I heard of the message of that people could see The Great Wall from the outer space, and it isn't until now that I didn't know the message was fake! I just visited two Gates of the Great Wall for 3 times: ShanHuai Gate and BaDa Lin; two times for ShanHuai Gate and one time for BaDa Lin.

as GreatJim said, The Great Wall isn't consecutive, she gose through several provinces of China. In this respect, she isn't perfect. However, I think that is just a kind of bizarre beauty! her disconnections show her complicated experiences.
RedRose

Postby greatJim » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:33 am

RedRose wrote:I heard of the message of that people could see The Great Wall from the outer space, and it isn't until now that I didn't know the message was fake! I just visited two Gates of the Great Wall for 3 times: ShanHuai Gate and BaDa Lin; two times for ShanHuai Gate and one time for BaDa Lin.

as GreatJim said, The Great Wall isn't consecutive, she gose through several provinces of China. In this respect, she isn't perfect. However, I think that is just a kind of bizarre beauty! her disconnections show her complicated experiences.

I just went to there one time ,to BaDa Lin.That's really a good memory.I think it's a creative engineering,as in an architect's eyes.
YOu will enjoy the trip when you are walking on the steps between the wall And don't feel tired.
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby pooh_bear » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:30 pm

I wish Redrose could tour us there someday. id love to go there.
pooh_bear
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Next

Return to Adventure & Travel