EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Olympic games in BEijing,2008

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby greatJim » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:11 am

caiqinqian wrote:As a person living in beijing, I must admit there are still a lot of problem in Beijing such as polution,traffic jam,too political and so on,but we are making great effort to make this city more beautiful and we believe as a place with long history,it has strong vital force.we believe that when we open our mind welcome the world, the world will welcome us in response.

sounds like you were a government speaker. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby Unknownsu » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:16 am

I don't know about you guys but regardless of what Beijing is like, I will definitely try to make it out there for the 2008 Olympics!
Unknownsu
Rough Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:09 am

Techer! welcome to GuangZhou!
RedRose

Postby Sunny » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:46 pm

caiqinqian wrote:As a person living in beijing, I must admit there are still a lot of problem in Beijing such as polution,traffic jam,too political and so on,but we are making great effort to make this city more beautiful and we believe as a place with long history,it has strong vital force.we believe that when we open our mind welcome the world, the world will welcome us in response.

Great!
Sunny
Silver Member

Postby RedRose » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:54 pm

Yes, although there are lots of problems in BeiJing, however, BeiJing guys are as nice as caiqinqian! that is why I am ready to go to BeiJing for Olympic!ImageImage[/url]
RedRose

Postby vincent_thyme » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:01 am

I would go to Beijing as a volunteer in 2008 when Beijing Olympic Games was held.
Can i meet all of you.guys?
eyes_on_me
vincent_thyme
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:06 pm

Are you Chinese, Vincent_thyme?

It would be great to meet all EC members in the Olympics! ;)
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

the olimpic

Postby Elba » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:44 am

It would be a dream for me visit chine some day. I could get there only if I win the lotery.
But maybe we can do anything to meet us at Beijin in 2008, we have 3 years to get the money for the airplane ticket.

I mean my proposal is that the ECmembers from China do a report of expenses at China, like food, Hotel, transportation, etc. If someone could give us a place where we can sleep we save the money for the hotel. Then we only have the expenses in food and transportation. Maybe some of our friends at China know which days the museums are free, then we save money too, and in this way we can do our trip becaming cheap. and we can meet us.
What do you think?
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby lucy_liu » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:32 am

Asep wrote:Do you remember something inhuman that happened in this square? The ruthless massacre which involved the Chinese military force? I can't recall the year. Maybe I'll go find it out through the search engine later.

Hi, Asep. I'm from Beijing. Yeah, when the incident happened, I was 9. Though, it was a true thing, I think it should not have been the most important thing in Beijing, since there was at least one the same incident happened in any other big city in the world. it is common for the progress of politics and society. do you think so?

The most important thing is that Beijing is much more cleaner and beautiful than before. The days possessing bule sky are more and more. Though the traffic problem and other some problems are also serious, you can't be albe to make no sense of her great advancement.

Welcome to Beijing whenever and whoever!

like announcement from government? :D
lucy_liu

Postby lucy_liu » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:35 am

Asep wrote:Do you remember something inhuman that happened in this square? The ruthless massacre which involved the Chinese military force? I can't recall the year. Maybe I'll go find it out through the search engine later.

Hi, Asep. I'm from Beijing. Yeah, when the incident happened, I was 9. Though, it was a true thing, I think it should not have been the most important thing in Beijing, since there was at least one the same incident happened in any other big city in the world. it is common for the progress of politics and society. do you think so?

The most important thing is that Beijing is much more cleaner and beautiful than before. The days possessing bule sky are more and more. Though the traffic problem and other some problems are also serious, you can't be albe to make no sense of her great advancement.

Welcome to Beijing whenever and whoever!

like announcement from government? :D
lucy_liu

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure & Travel