interesting food & drink

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

amjenny

interesting food & drink

Post by amjenny »

:lol:
Dear friend,
I am a college student of China, now I have to do a survey about foreign foods and drinks. If you have time and are interested in it, please join me and answer the questions belowe in detail.
FOOD & DRINK
Have you ever drunk Chinese Tea? China have many different kinds of foods and drinks, such as sweet Bing Tang Hu Lu, spicy Hugo Guo etc.
Are there any popular foods or drinks in your country?
What kind of restaurant do you prefer ?
Is Fast Food in your country popular or not? How about the food, service and price?
Do you like cooking and what’s your spatiality?
Are there any Chinese restaurants in your city and what do you think of Chinese food?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER !(DO NOT FORGET YOUR LOCATION!)

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

hello there...i can be the first one to help you!!!
i haven't tried chinese tea and if i have, probably i have forgotten about it...
in our country, the philippines, we have adrink called taho it's made out of soya beans...i believe there is also chinese taho...i'm not sure about that though...we also drink the same ~ people from other countries do...like coffee, tea or me...hehe
sodas, milk...we also have samalamig- water with vanilla, sugar, and ice...hehe
i prefer to eat in a grillery...
fast food chains are quite popular here because the food cheaper than those in the fine dining restaurants of course..we also have mcdonald's here, kfc, burger king, carl's jr, and jollibee (i believe we have one in hk)
i do not like cooking and i do not know how to cook..so..i do not have a specialty..i just love to eat..
there are lotsa chinese restos here but i don't like chinese food..it's like eating grease...sorry but that is my opinion..they are too greasy...
done with your survey
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: interesting food & drink

Post by kimo »

Hi my friend

Regarding to china food …I tried it one time :D ….but I swear that I will not do it again :shock:
do u know why ….because at that time I ordered me and my friends a lot of china food(in china restaurant)..then when we opened the covers of dishes we found that around 2,3 pieces in each dish …that was not enough for us but we were very angry when I paid the pill… :evil: i paid too much :cry:
because of that I swear that I will not go there accept if any one invite me :wink:

Good luck
Last edited by kimo on Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B 4 ME
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

tea is popular in all of the world.
I like it too.
I am sorry to listen the Chinese food is not welcome since both of Pinas and Kimo said that.
For me, I can't imagine if the Chinese foods were got rid of from my life.
I guess I am used to it.
We can taste some kinds Korean food here,such as cold noodles,pickles.But i rarely eat them.
The Chinese food is special.I had tried some western food,such as soup,Pizza.They are nice ,too.
Maybe it is just custom.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I love Chinese food as well as Korean food, both are delicate, and without too much fat.
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by kimo »

greatJim wrote:tea is popular in all of the world.
I like it too.
I am sorry to listen the Chinese food is not welcome since both of Pinas and Kimo said that.
I guess I am used to it.
We can taste some kinds Korean food here,such as cold noodles,pickles.But i rarely eat them.
The Chinese food is special.I had tried some western food,such as soup,Pizza.They are nice ,too.
Maybe it is just custom.

Hi Greatjim
I didn’t say that china food not welcome its delicious …but really its very expensive
On my view I like people and food and every thing in china
:wink:

good luck
B 4 ME
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

kimo wrote:
I like it too.
I guess I am used to it.
Maybe it is just custom.

Hi Greatjim
I didn’t say that china food not welcome its delicious …but really its very expensive
On my view I like people and food and every thing in china
:wink:

good luck
HI,are you in CHina now?Or someday you will come here?
Chinese food is sometimes too greasy,I should confess,from now on,I will modify my habbit.
More calori,less fat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi

Post by kimo »

Hi ...
i didnt go china :( ...but i hope that... :D
Because all the people there are lovely and every thing is lovely
In china and all east Asia :wink:

Good luck
B 4 ME
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

I like it too.
I guess I am used to it.
Maybe it is just custom.
yeah..of course you are used to those food....
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

Yes,I hope one day I could eat the KFC,Madonla more.But to be honest,they are more expensive than Chinese food in China.
So I guess Phillippines is a more westen-like country.
I have no research on the diet .But it seems Chinese food is a very complicated programme.hehe..
I like to eat fish ,by the way.
I just like it.Maybe it's nutritional.Yesterday I had a soup made of fish.it's delicious to make a soup by fish and bean curd.
I guess the bean curd is a well-known chinese food.
I like grill too.and bread is my favorite food from west.
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

greatJim wrote:Yes,I hope one day I could eat the KFC,Madonla more.But to be honest,they are more expensive than Chinese food in China.
I have no research on the diet .But it seems Chinese food is a very complicated programme.hehe..
I just like it.Maybe it's nutritional.Yesterday I had a soup made of fish.it's delicious to make a soup by fish and bean curd.
i'm into soup too. i'm kinda interested at the soup you mentioned. wonder how it tastes like. btw, do you cook? could you cook food for us? hehe.... :D :P
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Hi

Post by greatJim »

kimo wrote:Hi ...
i didnt go china :( ...but i hope that... :D
Because all the people there are lovely and every thing is lovely
In china and all east Asia :wink:

Good luck
From where you got such an Impression?
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

francine wrote:
greatJim wrote:Yes,I hope one day I could eat the KFC,Madonla more.But to be honest,they are more expensive than Chinese food in China.
i'm into soup too. i'm kinda interested at the soup you mentioned. wonder how it tastes like. btw, do you cook? could you cook food for us? hehe.... :D :P
the north where i located now is not so cold as the arctic.
But i would be glad if I was now In the south.
this soup is easy to do.just put some water into the vessel,and stew the fish and bean curd.in the apposite time put own some salt,and ginger.
that's the all. :wink:
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

greatJim wrote:the north where i located now is not so cold as the arctic.
But i would be glad if I was now In the south.
this soup is easy to do.just put some water into the vessel,and stew the fish and bean curd.in the apposite time put own some salt,and ginger.
that's the all. :wink:

hey, thanks for that. wink: :D
galicano

Post by galicano »

i'll be right back for my piece of the action.one moment please...
I'll slice you...
I'll dice you...
I'll chop you into pieces!! hiyah!

serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

Hi!
In Italy there are many Chinese restaurants and I like Chinese food.
Well, its dishes are very different from the ones we are used to, so sometimes it could be strange, but Chinese food is very popular here and the price is quite cheap.
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

I like pizza & pasta... :P

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

serenella wrote:Hi!
In Italy there are many Chinese restaurants and I like Chinese food.
Well, its dishes are very different from the ones we are used to, so sometimes it could be strange, but Chinese food is very popular here and the price is quite cheap.
Same here :D

I once read that around 600,000 people eat in Chinese restaurants daily in Spain. Quite a few :D
Linhpn96

Post by Linhpn96 »

Have you ever heard of sugar cane juice? :roll: It is a common drink in Vietnam and cheap, too. It is served with crushed ice in a glass or in a plastic bag with a straw. So, you can take it with you when going out and about town.
Best wishes,
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

That's interesting!
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

I've never heard about it, is it very sweet?

As I have already posted somewhere else, when you come to Italy, I'll cook pizza for you all and also pasta :P
....for you too, Jonrey! :wink:
Linhpn96

Post by Linhpn96 »

Sugar cane juice has a natural sweetness to it. It's always served with ice; therefor, it's a very good in drink in a hot summer day. I think most people like it. You probadly would, too. :lol:

I love pizza and pasta! They're sooo good! I'd love to try your cooking someday! Is there any difference between American and Italian pizza?
Best wishes,
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I guess so. That's like asking: Is there any difference between food in China and the food in the Chinese restaurants of my town? Image I guess there's no comparison :D
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

Everytime I have tried pizza abroad I have found it very different from Italian pizza, I think it's both a matter of ingredients and procedure...
Linhpn96

Post by Linhpn96 »

Well, Dixie...I know that but I can't hellp wondering :P
Best wishes,
lucy_liu

Re: interesting food & drink

Post by lucy_liu »

kimo wrote:Hi my friend

Regarding to china food …I tried it one time :D ….but I swear that I will not do it again :shock:
do u know why ….because at that time I ordered me and my friends a lot of china food(in china restaurant)..then when we opened the covers of dishes we found that around 2,3 pieces in each dish …that was not enough for us but we were very angry when I paid the pill… :evil: i paid too much :cry:
because of that I swear that I will not go there accept if any one invite me :wink:

Good luck
Aho, originally, I think there must have been so many friends like Chinese food all over the world because a lot of foreign students living in China want Chinese food more than others. Also I heard of the praise to Chinese food from foreigners many times. Maybe it is because they can eat real and authentic food in its cradeland.

So welcome to China to try it again and I promise you will have an opposite thinking to the feeling you have now. :)
lucy_liu

Post by lucy_liu »

serenella wrote:Everytime I have tried pizza abroad I have found it very different from Italian pizza, I think it's both a matter of ingredients and procedure...
I like pizza, pizza and pizza! :lol: But it is some expensive in China and it is maybe not as the same as it in your country :(

Imaging how delicious it is! Imaging how colorful and beautiful it looks like! ;)
popeyevn

Hello every one

Post by popeyevn »

Nice to meet you. I'm Binh. I come from Vietnam. In my country there are a lot of famous places, beautiful beachs, caves and a lot of decilious foods. If you want to know more about Vietnam, I will be please to tell you. Welcome to Vietnam
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

Chinese food is quite popular in Asia and it's also my favourite.
Cheers :)