Hi from Cuba. Would you like to visit my country some day?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

vitofriend

Hi from Cuba. Would you like to visit my country some day?

Post by vitofriend »

Hi from Cuba. My name is Victor, i 'm 25 years old. I like to make friends from all over the world, and if someone come to my country some day, i will help you with some advices and to find some home for rent(Rent a room).
By the way, i like make friends, and to know about their culture and countries. Excuse me for my english, i m' a learner.....
I m' here.
See you.
I want learn english and to know people. I 'm cuban.
andreax

Italyfriend

Post by andreax »

Hi Vito,
my name is Andrea and i'm 37.
I've never been in Cuba but I'd like to visit it.
Where do you live in Cuba?
Have you ever been in Italy?
My english too isn't so good, but we can try to talk, don't worry...
martazzz

Re: Italyfriend

Post by martazzz »

Hi victor! I know that in your country there's a baseball history!!
I'm interested...do you play baseball? :P
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

hi vito, i'm from Portugal and is a pleasure to meet you, of course i wish one day visit your country, Cuba is one of the biggest destinies for some of the Portuguese people, a little bit expensive but it seems great, some friends have been in cuba in holidays and the most part of them had choose Varadero, but i think i will prefer Havana because is the place where i can feel the real Cuba, i mean, the place where i can see the truly cuban environment, but who can best then you to tell me if i'm correct or no in this opinion, for now i'm listening some sounds of Cuba, i'm listen Orishas a very good band from Cuba with nice sounds 8)

take care,

Rui Pedro
monster207

Post by monster207 »

hi everyone,im vienamese,i alway see cuban as my brother and i wish in a day,i ll come to ur country.
but few day ago,i read a paper that said about our student study in cuba.their live is so poor,i know ur student is the same and im so sad.
i wish in nearly day,ur country become strong country.
take care!see u!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I'd love to visit Cuba some day! :D
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

And for you it's much more easy Dixie, they speak the same language with just a few differences, but for me it's better to improve my english if wish to understand and speak with someone in cuba :lol: , or maybe i would start to study some spanish, isn't a big difference for portuguese, i guess i can say that the most of the words are similar... am i correct Dixie :?:

Cheers,

Rui Pedro
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:And for you it's much more easy Dixie, they speak the same language with just a few differences, but for me it's better to improve my english if wish to understand and speak with someone in cuba :lol: , or maybe i would start to study some spanish, isn't a big difference for portuguese, i guess i can say that the most of the words are similar... am i correct Dixie :?:
I guess!!!

I must remind you, though, that Spanish is not my mother tongue.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

I guess!!!

I must remind you, though, that Spanish is not my mother tongue.

And what is your mother tongue?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:
And what is your mother tongue?
OMG, I know there's a complete ignorance of our culture and language abroad, but even in Portugal, who is a neighbor country...?

Catalan is the common language of the so-called Catalan lands, which comprise Catalonia (where I am from), Valencian country, Balearic Islands, Andorra and Alghero (in Italy).
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

ok, sorry Dixie, of course i knew that in Catalunya they speak Catalan and that in Galiza they speak Galego, I also knew that the bascos, special the ones that want the independence speak basco, but i was thinking that this tree languages were a type of Spanish, I mean… different variation’s of the same language, but sorry if I was completely wrong.

cheers,

Rui Pedro
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:ok, sorry Dixie, of course i knew that in Catalunya they speak Catalan and that in Galiza they speak Galego, I also knew that the bascos, special the ones that want the independence speak basco, but i was thinking that this tree languages were a type of Spanish, I mean… different variation’s of the same language, but sorry if I was completely wrong.
So you thought Catalan, Basque and Galician were dialects? :roll: OMG! A dialect is a variation of a language, for instance, Andalusian, the Spanish spoken in South Spain, is a dialect of Spanish, as well as the Spanish spoken in Mexico.

Catalan, Galician and Basque are totally different languages. But don't worry if you didn't know this. It's the Spanish government's fault.
louvicine

Post by louvicine »

Miss dixie you will get a very good time at Cuba.
Vito I visit your country some years ago. I visit habana vieja, varadero, east beaches. all FABULUOOOOOS.
I wopuld like to return some day.
I enjoy mojitos, and the delicious food and I buy some things for my hair made of carey, and buy some books of Martí and Nicolás Guillén.. Oh my God I enjoyed very much

Louvicine
Louvicine D´amour
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

hi vito, i was sitting here when it came in to my mind the terrible situation that is happening in your zone, how it was the hurricane Rita in cuba?, i heard something in the news saying that he had been very near from cost line of cuba with very strong winds in the zone, i hope that nothing had happen to you, say something just to be sure everything is alright,

cheers,

Rui Pedro
Marisha

Post by Marisha »

Hi. My name is Marina. I'm from Russia, Moscow. Sorry, my unglish is very bad :( , but I want to improve it. I'm going to Cuba on New Year's Hollidays. I heard many interesting facts about Cuba.
Marisha

Post by Marisha »

Hi. My name is Marina. I'm from Russia, Moscow. Sorry, my unglish is very bad :( , but I want to improve it. I'm going to Cuba on New Year's Hollidays. I heard many interesting facts about Cuba.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

Hello Marina, nice to meet you, and don't worry about you english, we are all here to improve it and to achieve together what would be difficult alone, but tell more things about your trip to cuba, why you chose cuba? in what city are you planning to stay? it must be a big difference between the very cold winter of Russia to the caribbean environment of cuba, i'm sure you gonna like it.
Cheers,

Rui Pedro
Marisha

Post by Marisha »

Hello, Rui. Nice to meet you too. My friend works in Cuba and he has invited me. I arrive to Havana on 30 December, in Moscow it will be about -20C. I don't know how I'll stand the flying. We are going to Cao Coco and perhaps Santygo de Cuba.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

i hope you will enjoy your trip to Cuba, we will be waiting for some news about your trip to that fantastic country, about the temperatures in Cuba in that date i guess it's better don't take so many clothes as you use in Russia, i don't know very well how it's gonna be the weather when you arrive there, but certainly it's very far from the negatives temperatures of Russia :wink:

take care
Ksju

Post by Ksju »

Ohhh, Cuba is my dream..!!!! (one of my dreams.. :lol: )

Really wanna know more more more about it.

And Marisha, your trip to Cuba...
The flight was tough, yeah? I just think it's too long... from Russia :) and I suppose rather expensive because of it...
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

no , it is so far
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Where is vitofriend?
Why he/she didn´t post any ther reply here.
Friends, I was at Havana for 8 days and belive me it is beautiful place, the only thing that disgustiss me was lot of people behind me trying to changes cuban products for occidental productos.
I didn´t like men try to conquer me with false word. Maybe you think I´m joking, no belive me, at havanna there are lots of people on the streets trying to make foreing friends or foreing gir-boy friend and that´s not like me.
kingapoland

Post by kingapoland »

I would like to visit every country all over the world! I was in Greece , tunesia, Holland and slowacja( I have no idea what name of tihs country in english is) .I hope i would be a millionare and I will visit cuba one day !!!!
p.s. Poland is olso beautiful!!!!