EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Best country to visit

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Anahita » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:24 pm

well .. let me see .. there are many countries that i would love to visit but the first one in my list is Ukraine , i have seen such a lovely photos of Kiev , its fantastic ! :D
the second country will be Italy and definitely Sicily , probably the best place for spending a memorable summer :wink:
and at the end i always loved to visit Bali islands , a little piece of heaven on earth , as i read about it once ... ..
Anahita
Platinum Member

hey Anahita:)

Postby hereiam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:31 am

I would probably go to Kaukas because I think these mountains are very beautiful and only some words about biodiversity of Kaukas here and there. These mountains make a border between Europe and Asia. I think it would be good to see Elbrus. I read that it isn't totally immpossible to climb 5600 metres there but conditions - I mean facilities are tragic. And you can be killed by a lighting even during sunny and unstormy day!!!
Besides I would go to Iran. They say Garden Eden was started there. I man Iran-Iraq. Close to Euphrat River etc.
But in the meantime I would choose Ireland probably.
Ireland or France. The best both.
Anahita - but why Ukraine? Would you like to admire Ukrainian steppes? They say they are really breath-taking.
Besides nothing special in Ukraine not counting Eastern Churches.
And history:)
You speak English very well!
Congratulations!!!
:)
hereiam
Gold Member

ps.

Postby hereiam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:41 am

And I think in our cultures some young people are very gifted as deals arts. Specially dancing or singing. The same is in Russia.
I wonder how it is in Near(?!?) Asian countries like Iran-Iraq etc. Different culture there.
Well...besides I hope noone feels offended when I told not too many interesting things to see in Ukraine. I should rather say - not too many attractions for tourists there - probably it would sound beter (as far as I know of course).
Besides -personally- I would never trust anyone who belong eastern catholic church. I think these people are mostly false the same way as Polish roman catholics are:( .
But I claim these all because of my daily experiences. Probably someone from Iran would have different opinion. Hahaha:(
People from Ukraine very often come to Poland and trade - they arenot too honest I must say. That's why I say I don't think Ukraine is interesting.
But maybe am I mistaken?
Who knows?
Doth I never was there!
hereiam
Gold Member

Postby bluestar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:55 am

you can come in Turkey for holiday!you must see Istanbul.It has got a lot of historical places for example Blue Mosque, Ayasophia...

you can go Bodrum,Marmaris and you can swim in Mediterranean!I think Turkey is wonderfull!
bluestar

hello Turkey

Postby hereiam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Yes - personally I think much more facilities/attractions for tourists in Turkey than in Ukraine. In Ukraine you can visit churches, in Turkey probably also but somehow it seems to me that more things there compared to Ukraine.
But I don't have to be right of course.
As deals me I think I SHOULD see (simply SHOULD) Paris and I would like to get something more about famous Celtic tribes.
One time the Celts dominated throughout Euro-Asian continent and their very few remmants are what we know from far Ireland.
Simply the Celt are forgotten in the Continent cause the age of Greeks and Romans came soon and they gave a true orgin to contemporary civilisation - not the Celts. Ireland is far from the continent and was far from Roman influences so the memory of Celts lasted there stronger till today.
Thanks for reading:)
hereiam
Gold Member

Postby benluo » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:53 am

Sunny wrote::lol: China is a wonderful country too.It is beautiful.It has delicious food and ancient building,Also has very besutiful scenery.Moreover,the price of ware is very cheap.You can buy lots of mementos for your friends.

i am not sure if you has been China, could you please list some interested place and things?
benluo

Postby daimy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:45 am

Hi!
May I ask you a question? How to post picture to these forums? I have tried but not success. Give me a advice, please, thank you
daimy
Silver Member

Postby Anahita » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:48 pm

hereiam wrote:I would probably go to Kaukas because I think these mountains are very beautiful and only some words about biodiversity of Kaukas here and there. These mountains make a border between Europe and Asia. I think it would be good to see Elbrus. I read that it isn't totally immpossible to climb 5600 metres there but conditions - I mean facilities are tragic. And you can be killed by a lighting even during sunny and unstormy day!!!
Besides I would go to Iran. They say Garden Eden was started there. I man Iran-Iraq. Close to Euphrat River etc.
But in the meantime I would choose Ireland probably.
Ireland or France. The best both.
Anahita - but why Ukraine? Would you like to admire Ukrainian steppes? They say they are really breath-taking.
Congratulations!!!

First I am sorry about my late reply i didnt see this till now ( i am always checking only 2 or 3 of forums daily cause i cant read all the posts)
And its wonderful that you have this information about Elburs honestly i didnt expect many people here know about these mountain in Iran ( which are not very known for the rest of the world ) :D and yes , this mountain has unpredictable natural condition (especially when it comes to weather ) and kind of dangerous if you want to go there alone but its one of the most beautiful places in Tehran and many people including locals and tourists are going to visit it every weekend .. my house is near to this mountain and i can see it through my window every morning which is very beautiful sight , especially in winters when its snowing ...

Well , why Ukraine? I guess its mostly because of the good , positive image that I have about Ukrainian people ( one of my best freinds is from Ukraine and i would love to meet him in Kiev , which i have heard is a lovely city. i should check this out myself ! :lol: ) i don’t like to travel just for seeing the places , natural life or historical buildings , I prefer to visit new people from different ethnic and roots who are living in various daily life . besides I think Ukraine has many beautiful places that may catch every ones attention :wink: I know it may seems an ordinary place for an European but I think I will love it when I go there for visiting my friends ..

http://www.insc.gov.ua/forum6/welcome.html

Congratulations!!!

Molto Grazie :D ( your English is more better than mine :wink: and its so great , hope you can start traveling to the countries you like very soon ! :D Good Luck ! )
Anahita
Platinum Member

hello Anahita!

Postby hereiam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:53 pm

It is alsways nice to see your letters (interesting + good English).
Well ...lately I have read some info about gardens (I am trying to write a short books about history of gardens cause this subject interests me a lot of).
It is Iran-Iraq where CIVILISATION was started. What is civilisation? There are cities and people who sit in one place and build something.
Last year I also watched a good movie about Alexander the Great and how he won Persia.
Near East emipires had been existing long before ancient Egipt and some Persian rulers were said to keep gardens based built the same way Biblical Eden Garden was built by a God.
I also learnt that a Babel Tower was raised somewhere not far from Babylon city and according to Bible during constructing of this tower God made a mess inside human languages so finally they weren't able to communicate. However I can find nowhere HOW LONG the Babel Tower was being built. It could tell as something more about probablility of language -mess during its building.
Besides, it seems to me that the story of decorative gardens makes the story of the world and civilisations much more than the dates of all battles and wars together.
Salute for you Anahita!
And for your favourite Ukraine:)
hereiam
Gold Member

correction of some language errors

Postby hereiam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:01 pm

1. see the analogy Babel - Babylon (Babel means the Gate to God)
2. a short book
2. people weren't able to communicate
3. to keep garden based on Biblical Eden Garden that was built by God
4. during construction
thanks for reading:)
hereiam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure & Travel