EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

travelling to Ireland

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Ireland - The Emerald Isle

Postby Shazzam » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:52 am

I haven't been to Ireland but my parents were both born there and I have relatives there; who send me pictures etc. It is a beautiful place. They don't call it the Emerald Isle for nothing! Everything is so green.

Also over the last ten years or so they have geared themselves for tourism; so it is very user friendly now; with lots of bed and breakfasts, motels etc.

There is alot to be said about the various cultures that live there now. It has become very multi-cultural; whilst still holding onto its wonderful by-gone traditions.

Wish I had the money to go. One day I hope to win lotto and go and visit! :mrgreen:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Beer or not beer.

Postby riconasc » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:30 pm

If you are visiting Ireland you need to know the Guiness factory (or only drink it in one pub). Also, i recommend to read James Joyce (Dubliners) and when you will be there, listen some U2 song (80's).

Rico
riconasc

Postby real_lord » Mon May 16, 2005 9:57 am

Hi people:)
U2 I know, The Crannberies and Th Corrs too. CDs with fascinating folk music I can buy here and there too, also read about history and look at some pictures (on teh Net for example or buy/borrow an album about Ireland ).
Next year I am going to go to Sweden. I have to visit country of this man:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolus_Linnaeus
He isn't too handsome probably but I think his merits for botany can never be overestimated;)
All the best for everyone:)
hahaha:)
real_lord

Previous

Return to Adventure & Travel