AUSTRALIA! If you are interested any questions?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

AUSTRALIA! If you are interested any questions?

Post by Shazzam »

I live in Australia in Port Stephens which is a small Municipality 2 and one half hours from Sydney; which is the Capital City of New South Wales. I have travelled fairly extensively through Australia over the years. So if you have any questions you would like to ask; I will try and answer them for you.

Australia is a beautiful Country.
Yasmina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Nice topic

Post by Yasmina »

Hi shazzam
It is nice topic.Can you talk about the weather how it is like?
and about language ,culture
thank you
Clouraine

Post by Clouraine »

:D yes, do you know University of Wollongong there? I am going to study in this school. can you tell us something about this city? weather, is there very cold in winnter?:)thanks for your replying!:)
Hello,I am the one love Jesus,and my CG E373 in city harvest church:)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Nice topic

Post by Shazzam »

Yasmina wrote:Hi shazzam
It is nice topic.Can you talk about the weather how it is like?
and about language ,culture
thank you
Hi there the weather here at the moment is a bit ordinary. Australia is pretty much in the grip of a draught which isn't too good. This week we have had some long needed rain but not enough; and not everywhere that needs it is getting it. In the summer we have beautiful hot weather (swimming weather).

Australians generally have a very lay back culture. We live in a multi-cultural society which is great; "we learn and they learn". EXCELLENT!. The most widely spoken language in Australia is English. We have a very diverse culture.

Any more questions please ask!
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Clouraine wrote::D yes, do you know University of Wollongong there? I am going to study in this school. can you tell us something about this city? weather, is there very cold in winnter?:)thanks for your replying!:)
Wollongong is a small city on the South Coast of New South Wales. It is approximately 1 hours drive south of Sydney. Beautiful beaches. I don't know much about the University unfortunately; but i'm sure you have researched it over the web as all the Universities in Australia have websites. The weather on the South Coast is generally very good. Summer is excellent, it gets a bit chilly in Winter but actually mild compared with other countries in the world. It doesn't snow or anything! Further south of Wollongong (about 45minutes drive) is the township of Nowra (I would highly recommend that you pay it a visit) a really picturesque town. Once you are there you can also visit JERVIS BAY ( all beautiful sea-side spots). You will no doubt have a great time there while you are completing your studies! 8) :D :D :D :wink:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

This question may seem silly but I want to know anyway so...do you see many (a lot of) Aborigine's in the larger citys there. Do the local indiginous peoples usually keep to the small towns and to the outback...we hear about? :oops: :lol:
Also how is the economy for the average joe there? in other words is cost of living high, average or low? Thanks for answering our questions about this interesting place! :wink: