aims of travellings

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

aims of travellings

Post by hereiam »

You know - presently I don't travel too far but still I travel in space and time. Today for example I have watched a computer movie about origin of ... Europe. I think about origin of our continent in geological context. It was a BBC programme - first part. I liked it very much and I regret I didn't watch it since the very beginning:(. But it happened.
What is very important, however, that today only 14 kilometres within area of Gibraltar Strait makes a border between Europe and Africa. Imagine that some millions years before Africa was much futher from Europe than it is today and it was several times when the first hit Europe to form it as it is today.
Once (for the first time) Africa had hit Europe such a way that Meditarainen Sea was formed but -because the level of water in the Atlantic Ocean was low and rocks formed on the border were very high it was... quite empty.
However, with the increase of total level of water in oceans and continuous work of earth-cover the pressure of Atlantic ocean became so big that gigantic waterfalls started to be formed in Gibraltar Strait - about 30 times bigger than Niagara Waterfalls which are the biggest presently and after this fact the Medditarainen Sea was poured with water within...100 years. It is interesting to remember that several times level of water in the oceans decreased and increased during next some millions years and within this time Meditarrainen Sea was either quite dry or full of Atlantic water again.
I found this fact very interesting.
hereiam
PS. general difference in sea level during whole history of Earth is about 300 metres as far as I remember.
Thanks for reading:)
:)
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: aims of travellings

Post by essie »

hereiam wrote:Africa had hit Europe such a way that Meditarainen Sea was formed ...
I can relate! A while back, I witnessed an African man hit a European guy. He hit the European dude so hard that it knocked him unconscious. I was surprised to say the least... Of course, there have been other things that have surprised me throughout my life. I once took off my shoe and a spider crawled out of it! LOL! Oh shoes can be fairly spontaneous no? Fairly!!! I wish the American president was more fair.. I don't like war. Ever here that song? "War! What is it good for..." lol I like to sing. I sang my first song when I was a baby. Those little things are so cute aren't they? New born babies look funny, but pre-toddlers are sooo cute! I also find puppies cute! Training a dog isn't too difficult.. It just requires patience and repetition. Don't you hate it when people don't listen and try to make you repeat what you just said. Like it's your fault they weren't listening!! Wow is it ever hot today! I hate cooking in the heat! My favourite ingredient is coconut milk.. mmmmm... I like the letter "M" .. It looks like two letters in one!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote:[New born babies look funny, but pre-toddlers are sooo cute!
You too? My brother had a baby not too long ago. But babies are not as cute as you think. Speaking of thinking, I thought of flying in a hot air balloon once. Hot air balloons are big but not as big as the Statue of Liberty. Hmm...I wonder, do you think the Statue of Liberty is really made of stone? I mean, if it is, that's a lot of stone, don't you think? Stone is hard. It really is. There's marble and granite and many others. And they're all hard. I once kicked a big stone and my toe started to bleed. I mean, Niagara Falls kind of bleeding, which only proves my point of stones being hard. I didn't like it. :roll:
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Unknownsu wrote:Stone is hard. It really is. There's marble and granite and many others.
Funny that you mentioned this. My mother in-law and I were debating on which is more valuable.. I believe it's marble. Everyone has beliefs, but sometimes my views change. I used to believe in Santa Claus, until I found out that Papa Noel killed him! The French are funny that way. They don't speak English... They speak French! HA! That's like a totally different language.... They speak. Speaking of different things, roses look different from other flowers, and trees look different from all flowers! I planted a flower today... Got it as a gift from a Chinese guy. Why do we sometimes call a man "a guy", a bunch of people (including women) "guys", but we're not suppose to call a woman "a guy"? Odd... Frankly speaking... OF COURSE!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote:The French are funny that way. They don't speak English... They speak French!
Hey, you're right! The French don't speak English which is why some of us are here, to learn English. Learning new things can be difficult. I tried learning how to shoot a basketball once. Who would've know the ball completely missed. I swear the hoop purposely moved so I could miss. Just like how I missed worked today. Speaking of which, what kind of job is your ideal job? Mine would be to pilot a hot air balloon. I just hope I don't run into the Statue of Liberty 'cause that would hurt. It being stone and all. I wouldn't like that just like how I wouldn't like someone talking when I'm trying to talk. Shut up already!
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by essie »

Unknownsu wrote:Speaking of which, what kind of job is your ideal job? Mine would be to pilot a hot air balloon.
I agree!

I like balloons... You can dance with them, throw them around, or just go to bed with them. Though you have to be careful not to roll over and pop them. I've popped a variety of things throughout my life; balloons, bags, bubbles, cherries :idea: .. etc. By the way, it's cherry season. I've tried a few, but they weren't as tasty as I wanted them to be. "Be" lol.. Why don't we just write "B" HAHAHA.. ha! a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, and z. Those are the English alphabets! A lot different from the Arabic scripture! Don't you agree? Arabic people can be nice.. They can also be mean.. Some are religious, but others are not, just like any other race! Funny.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

summing up this interesting plot about ...travelling

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I think some people should stay for ever in US and Canada probably because they cannot behave. I think they shouldn't visit their own countries when all they can is to make ~ on pavements there. These countries are simply too poor to employ next and next cleaning-services. That's fact. And even worse fact is that the ones who should give this uncivilised people the best example cause they come from the most civilised region of the world - cannot do anything better but ...~ on pavements. Really pitiful.
And embarssing. So better stay and never come back.
We will cope without much better:)
LM.
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: summing up this interesting plot about ...travelling

Post by essie »

LadyMacbeth wrote:These countries are simply too poor to employ next and next cleaning-services.
Hello! How Profound! I once knew a woman that offered cleaning services, but she wasn't efficient enough. Her employer ended up terminating her position, but he later hired her as the company C.E.O! Companies are very big, but there are many small ones as well. I started a small company a while back, but it started to grow. I don't like big things, so I ended up getting rid of it. Now if it had gotten smaller... Who knows!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: summing up this interesting plot about ...travelling

Post by Unknownsu »

essie wrote:Her employer ended up terminating her position, but he later hired her as the company C.E.O!
Talking about CEOs, my friend became the youngest CEO in the history of Winnipeg. I think he was 24 at the time. Damn guy, I miss him. Then again, I miss a lot of people. You know when you miss someone a lot you kind of miss them more? Well, I'm not going through that at the moment but I just wanted to see if you guys had the same ideal as me. You know what would be ideal? For me to stop here. :roll: