What's the most beautiful place you've ever visited?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

What's the most beautiful place you've ever visited?

Post by Dixie »

What's the most beautiful place you've ever been to? I'm not asking where you have had more fun or which you have enjoyed the most. I'm talking about landscapes. So, of all places you've visited, which one do you think is the most beautiful?
zhouai

Post by zhouai »

I think the most beautiful place is Sichun province in China.

There is very nice scenery and climate is good.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Estonia :lol: I'm never traveled nowhere out of estonia.
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

The most beautiful place that I have ever visited is Monterey Bay in California. There are several little towns/communities there: Monterey, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Pacific Grove, and 17-mile Drive. They all are incredible. In the harbor of Monterey, you can sea otters and seals. There is also a very nice and interesting aquarium there. During the summer, the beach in Pacific Grove is covered with flowers. Carmel-by-the-Sea is an artist community with many art galleries. The beaches in Carmel are gorgeous. And there are many, many, many CYPRESS TREES. In case that wasn't enough, on the 17-mile Drive there are lots of millionaires (in fact they all are) and even some celebrities.

Take a look and judge for yourself
tash

Post by tash »

i can't define one best place.. so, i'll imagine, that i'm in a some sort of commission that should define 'best place' in multiple nominations..

so, let's start :)

best sea - the red sea (with it's clean blue water and enormous amount of really splendid fish)

best ocean - the pacific ocean (so unpredictable and so crazy.. ufff.. i like it!)

best mountains - the alpes (swiss, fench, austrian or italian - it doesn't matter)

best arshitecture - prague (or baltic countries, i can't say it exactly..)

best place to take a breath - kiev or karpatian mountains

best river - loire

best hills - the hills near the san francisco (with gorgeuse golden gate)

best place to meet friends - budapest

for now that's all what i can say abt the best places i've ever visited. but in the winter i plan to go to thailand and singapore, so , i think, that i'll add some nominations to my list..

:)

br,
tash
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Wow tash :o , looks like you've done a lot of traveling. Lucky you
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Cypress wrote:The most beautiful place that I have ever visited is Monterey Bay in California. There are several little towns/communities there: Monterey, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Pacific Grove, and 17-mile Drive. They all are incredible. In the harbor of Monterey, you can sea otters and seals. There is also a very nice and interesting aquarium there. During the summer, the beach in Pacific Grove is covered with flowers. Carmel-by-the-Sea is an artist community with many art galleries. The beaches in Carmel are gorgeous. And there are many, many, many CYPRESS TREES. In case that wasn't enough, on the 17-mile Drive there are lots of millionaires (in fact they all are) and even some celebrities.

Take a look and judge for yourself
I was with my family in Monterey once. We took a trip along the coast and ended in Monterey. It was a short three-hour drive trip, but we had fun. I also went to Pebble Beach with my bf and his dog once. The beach was pretty nice in my opinion. However, I like Santa Monica Beach better although it's extremely crowded.
Lelik

Post by Lelik »

The most beautiful place I have ever been is Norway. There are a lot of waterfalls, glaciers and fiords. I have been there twice, but I hope return there.

Carpathians (mountains,the Ukraine)is a gorgeous place too.
And of course Switzerland! Lakes among mountains and panoramic trains made an impression.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, unfortunately i have never been in the most beautiful place on earth, that would be in your room with you naked, that would be definitely a wonderful landscape :lol: :lol: :lol: , kidding dont get me wrong dixie,

talking serious i guess that one of the most beautiful places where i have been was in sweden, it was amazing to see everything covered with snow, and the most funny thing about it was to see how people can do their normal lifes on an environment that would be impossible to imagine in portugal, with those conditions in portugal everybody would do one of two things, go out and play with snow, throwing balls of snow to your friends or stay at home because with such day there's no conditions for work
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I'd love to have a snow battle with you Rui :lol:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, im afraid we wont be able to do it, since that from what i know there's no snow either in my home town or yours :lol:, one think you can be sure... 2007 its the year of my first visit of Barcelona :wink:
Alfabeto

Post by Alfabeto »

That's a difficult question to answer. I like the Monterey peninsula in California and the Oregon coast, but the mountains separating my native Asturias from Leon (northern Spain)are breathtaking too. If anyone here had even driven the road from Cangas to Oseja de Sajambre they would know what I'm talking about. In Leon, I also liked Las Medulas, the site of some ancient Roman mines. And I've seen beautiful beaches in the Portuguese Algarve too. One day I'd like to see the Grand Canyon in the US. Sorry, it's too hard to choose only one place!
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, i was curious until you say that the beaches from algarve where beautiful 8), i guess that as a portuguese i should say that im glad to know you have enjoyed my country, ill give you now one advice, try the north of country one day, because besides me you will have many interesting places to visit :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:try the north of country one day, because besides me you will have many interesting places to visit :wink:
:lol: I know Rui is an important part of the most wonderful touristic areas!
Lelik

Post by Lelik »

the snow it`s funny but not five mounth in a year, because you have to go every day through the snow
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

For me , the most beautiful place is my country , thailand :D Have anyone ever been Thailand I think there are many place interesting although it isnT popular but maybe you will like if you come.