What do you think about Thailand?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

wllsp wrote:
So if this is the only incident and there are no other ones of this sort in my opinion there will be no consequences.
Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.
Despite its reputation as a holiday paradise, Thailand has seen a series of gruesome murders of tourists in recent years.

In Kanchanaburi, 100 kilometres west of Bangkok, a 26-year-old female Australian tourist was killed in a drive-by shooting last year. A young British couple were gunned down there in 2004 and a French tourist was shot dead in 2003.

On New Year's Day in 2006, a 21-year-old British female tourist was raped and murdered on the southeastern resort island of Samui.
wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.
Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Cypress wrote: Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.
I see you point. It happens regularly.
Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.
Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?
No, I don't. Just enjoyed this good place.
phuongngoc

Post by phuongngoc »

I'm from Vietnam.I have not been to Thailand yet, but I wish I will travel there in the near future. As I know, Thai food is delicious but quite sweet.There are more hightower and cars in Thai than in Vietnam.I think Thailand is an interesting destination for tourists.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

A smile country. Great beaches. Land of Buddhism.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:
Oh That's a forum :wink:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)
Oh I see!! Well, I need to spend more time on it to get famiiar to the page because I feel like I don't know where to go, hahah. Really!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?
Yes!! My username is Oriani!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Mine is aprilshouldawin. I barely post there, though. Those people talk a lot, so mostly I just read the interviews and recaps.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I haven't even posted my first message!!! Hey, what does your username mean for you? Mine is short and unforgetable...lol :P
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I wanted April in Cycle 2 to win, but she didn't. It's supposed to be aprilshouldawon. I really wanted her to win, so I didn't care about grammar. I made it shouldawin. Every time I type aprilshouldawin, I just remember April and win, or aprilwin. In fact, it was almost my password. I changed it to something else complicated since it was too obvious. :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Oh Ok!! That's very original from you!! Very nice!!!! :P :) :P
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

You're having your break?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:You're having your break?
Actually I'm leaving home for Maracay now, the city I study at.