EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Barcelona

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Barcelona

Postby Rui » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 am

here i am to announce my next trip, among many destination Barcelona was the elected city to receive such important person like me, i know that by now you are probably thinking that many other would have that right, once at time my fellows :wink: , im sure that i will find some spare time and money to go there one day, im going on 20 of this month and ill stay there for 4 days, i know that it could be more but unfortunately i dont have time(€€€€) 8) , im gonna stay on a hotel called "Hotel Suizo" which i was told is a great hotel close to the centre of the city with quite affordable prices as well :D , i've just created this new thread because im open to any ideas about what i should do there :wink: , therefore im waiting for your suggestions :wink:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:31 am

Barcelona is a great city with so many interesting places to visit. You already know the Rambles, with the wax museum towards the end and the Columbus statue. Also the Gothic district with its awesome cathedral are near the Rambles. Parc Güell -where I have never been- is a must when you visit BCN, too. Maybe you could go to Montjuïc too. I will post more about the city later.

BTW, why on earth did you have to come on weekdays? Are you aware it might NOT be possible for me to come and see you? :evil:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby serenella » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:02 pm

Barcelona is wonderful! I was there for the first time last month and I'll surely go again...
Well, I liked the Rambles, Parc Güell, the various buildings designed by Gaudi, the Gothic District... people, the weather (warm and sunny, similar to Italian weather), the atmosphere.

I will never forget the best hot chocolate of my life: if you look for a road called Petrixol (it's near the Ramblas), you'll find a small shop with some tables and a queue outside, where it's worth entering and tasting hot chocolate (dark, thick, with a lot of fresh whipped cream) and churros.

Finally, just two suggestions:
1) from the airport to the centre there is a cheap bus which leaves about every 8 minutes and it's much less expensive than taxis
2) near the port there are many touristic and expensive places for eating, while you can eat a good paella or superb tapas in many other parts of the town (if I find the address of a place of a wine bar I liked a lot, I'll tell you).
serenella
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 pm

serenella wrote:
I will never forget the best hot chocolate of my life: if you look for a road called Petrixol (it's near the Ramblas), you'll find a small shop with some tables and a queue outside, where it's worth entering and tasting hot chocolate (dark, thick, with a lot of fresh whipped cream) and churros.

I know Petritxol Street, I remember that name because I always find it so funny :D I will remember that the next time I go to the city. Mmmmmmm... chocolate D_
Dixie

Postby Rui » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:51 pm

thank you very much, i really appreciate all the information you can collect for me, im definitely looking for some nice places to go and specially restaurants where i can eat proper food without paying those absurd tourist prices ;) about the connection i already had checked that serenella :wink: , thats exactly the way im gonna do to go to the city centre, thank you very much :lol: , i just cant wait to see me again inside a plane 8)
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Hey I know a really good restaurant near the Rambles, I've been there twice and I really enjoyed it. It's not expensive and obviously it's much better than the restaurants in that area (i.e. McDonald's or Kentucky Fried Chicken). It's called L'Oliva, I think.

Hold on, I'll look for it on the net, hopefully they'll have an internet webpage.

**Going to Google and looking for info**

Looks like they don't have an official site. Anyway I'll look for a map of the city and the exact location of the restaurant.

**Going back to Google. Searching**

Found the address!! :D

L'Oliva 93 317 02 31
C/ Tallers, 32(Ciutat Vella)
08001 Barcelona (Barcelona)

(By the way, Tallers Street is the first street on the right down the Rambles and it's famous for its music stores. If you're looking for the impossible, such as collectors' items or stuff, you're likely to find them there).

Here is a site with the address and a map.
Dixie

Postby Dixie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:55 pm

Right next to the Wax Museum there's a pub I just love. It's called El bosc de les fades (something like "The Fairy Forest") and it's just great. Pretty expensive, though. Last time I was there was 3 years ago, I guess it mustn't have changed a lot since then.

More info!
Dixie

Postby Cypress » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:26 pm

I’ve never been in Barcelona :( , so I cannot give any suggestions. All I can do is to wish you a wonderful time there :D Enjoy your stay in that great city!
Cypress
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:30 am

Rui, what are the dates again? 20-24th?
Dixie

Next

Return to Adventure & Travel