EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

where are you travelling virtually now?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun May 06, 2007 9:42 pm

Really last PS here!!!

You know - I have thought about it many fact (about this theory of tamed stingrays) and that can be truth.
Mind - how much the amount of alligators attacks on humans increased in the 2000s? Why? Because they are fed by humans. This way they lose fear and respect for humans and want to eat them too! :(
Animals that can be tamed (like cats/ dogs/ dolphins/stingrays(?!) mostly like humans cause they cannot exist without human help/they receive food from humans.
Many stingrays that live in the open too. When people snorkel they feed them. Thus they are good for people.

But some don't know they can get some food from humans. Like the one that killed Irving. Maybe that's the right explanation? Or maybe not?

:roll:

?

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

...no subject....

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun May 06, 2007 9:53 pm

OKi - and some corrections at last. I made many more and less awful errors in my posts above but one is really ugly (in the last post). So I want to correct it wishing everyone many happy virtual journeys (and not only virtual) :)

You know - I have thought about it many times .

OKI. Read me soon :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

last, last, last video...

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun May 06, 2007 10:26 pm

This is really really last video today. But I must put it here.

Watch and LISTEN TO IT (this man came back into water again!!! I cannot believe it!!! )

Shark bit off a leg

Well... some animals feel strong, are wild and eat meat - they always will be hunting for people like sharks, mostly alligators (don't feed them I beg you).
But many have natural fear against humans. Lets hope each wild animal we are meeting belongs to the second category.

Ups... I have to admit that after watching these all videos today tomorrow I will be screaming even at the sight of ...domestic cat.

:(

Read me soon :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: last, last, last video...

Postby Moloko » Mon May 07, 2007 7:06 am

LadyMacbeth wrote:This is really really last video today. But I must put it here.

LadyMacbeth, where did it happen?
it's terrible..
Moloko

hello :)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon May 07, 2007 7:22 pm

Hello dear Reader :)

well... it happened somewhere in the ocean.... in the very, very deep ocean. The diver was both fortunate (he survived) and misfortunate (he lost part of leg).

The most beautiful film (choosing among the films about alligators and sharks I put here) in my opinion is the movie with a wild fish (a huge shark) jumping out of the ocean to catch his prey. The movie was done from a ship-deck, from some distance and presents perfectly the majesty and glory of the ocean and the shark. What for to come nearer? :roll:

And here is another video - very funny - about dangerous anakonda. I like this video very much :)

Wild anakonda swallows little boy

See me soon :)
Travelling,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon May 07, 2007 7:29 pm

See that please :)
great white 1
great white 2

Regards :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

hello hello :)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Today I have decided to change the object of my interests...sooo... I want to show you some plants that like meat (YES - MEAT). At the stage of evlotion the plants are too little to catch people inside but one day - who knows? When they will like eating meat more and more and there will be enough meat for them in the swamps who knows how big they can grow? :roll: :roll: :roll: Maybe the little today plants will grow as big as dinosaurs? :roll: :roll: :roll: How do you think?

All in all we are somewhere in south-eastern part of US - in swamps of Carolina state...

David Attenbourough Plats that eat meat

How do you like this story?
:)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

hello :)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Wed May 09, 2007 4:16 pm

Hello :)
Today I am in California. I have found a really beautiful video about climbing the world highest tree.
The tree lies somewhere in one of Redwood State Parks on Californian coast (that lie nearby Redwood National Park there).

I like the video very much :)

I like when the man is speaking that plants are living organisms the same way animals are.

Sometimes I can see many trees that have been devastated. Don't harm the nature, please! Don't harm the trees, plants. They also suffer when you kill them and they die slowly because of hurt bark..

Climbing the world highest tree

See one another in California :)

LM

PS. I hope you enjoy the video the same way I enjoy watching it :)
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

hello today :)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Thu May 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Hello :)
Today I want to show you a very good movie about Yellowstone National Park and its attractions.
It is really a great video.
The Yellostone is the oldest National Park in the world - as you can hear in the video below :)

Following the idea established in Yellowstone there soon followed parks in other nations. In Australia, the Royal National Park was established just south of Sydney in 1879. In Canada, Banff National Park (then known as Rocky Mountain National Park) became its first national park in 1885. New Zealand had its first national park in 1887. In Europe the first national parks were a set of nine parks in Sweden in 1909. Europe has 359 national parks at the moment.

OKI - now time for a link:
Yellowstone National Park

How was the idea of National Parks born?
Read below:

In 1810 the English poet William Wordsworth described the Lake District (rural area in north-west England) as a "sort of national property in which every man has a right and interest who has an eye to perceive and a heart to enjoy". The painter George Catlin, in his travels though the American West, wrote in 1832 that the Native Americans in the United States might be preserved: by some great protecting policy of government . . . in a magnificent park . . . A nation's park, containing man and beast, in all the wild and freshness of their nature's beauty!. Similar ideas were expressed in other countries – In Sweden, for instance, Baron Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld made such a proposition in 1880. The Scottish-American naturalist John Muir was to prove inspirational in the foundation of national parks, anticipating many ideas of conservationism, environmentalism, and the animal rights movement.

See you soon :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Thu May 10, 2007 5:11 pm

PS. Ups... I forgot to add Yellowstone was set up in 1872.

And here some more things about it like :

The old faithful

mud volcanoes in Yellowstone National Park

While watching the movie about mud volcanoes you can read what are they and that their smell is really nasty ! So probably we all should be happy watching them on-line...
Soon - Europe again :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure & Travel