EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Inspired By the Book "Around the World in 80 Days"

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Inspired By the Book "Around the World in 80 Days"

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:38 pm

If you were to travel around the world in 80 days, which countries would you like to be on your list? And why?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:25 pm

All of them!!!!

Not possible?

Well...

Starting with the British Isles and Ireland, then France, Germany, Russia, well, a tour around Europe, then to America (The States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean) and then to Asia: Japan, China, Thailand, India...) and Oceania... mmmm... maybe I'm asking too much... no time for Africa then?!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Dixie wrote:All of them!!!!

Not possible?

Well...

Starting with the British Isles and Ireland, then France, Germany, Russia, well, a tour around Europe, then to America (The States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean) and then to Asia: Japan, China, Thailand, India...) and Oceania... mmmm... maybe I'm asking too much... no time for Africa then?!

Of course, not. :lol: It'd take you about three or four weeks in Europe, unless you just wanted to stop by and leave without sightseeing. And another three or four weeks in Asia. You won't have time for America continent as well.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:45 am

Then I don't want to go! :cry:
Dixie

Postby Hardi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:42 am

Northpool, Southpool and back to home. Maybe I would like to dodge also to Japan to capture Godzilla.. but then it's not straight line anymore. Other countries that maybe stay in on my way, I would just pass them even without looking.. I have no interest of them.. They don't have beautiful girls not to me nor to feed to Godzilla.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby sweetcurse » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:18 pm

I agree with dixie.:D
sweetcurse
Gold Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:48 pm

Actually I would skip also both poles and gross only Japan.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:17 pm

Let's do some math here 8) ! 80 days is about 11 weeks, so I can spend approximately 2 weeks in every continent.

I have this thing for :arrow: Italy, so I think I would start with it and :arrow: then I would visit all the 7 wonders of the world. :arrow: After that, I'll fly to Latin America. :arrow: I'll finish my trip in Africa to visit my grandfather who lives there. A Safari would be a great way to end the adventure. :idea:
Miss. Ladybird
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Hardi wrote:Actually I would skip also both poles and gross only Japan.

Nothing in both Poles anyway. Just a bunch of penguins and Polar bears. Okay, they're cute but ain't worth the cold. :twisted:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:22 pm

Miss. Ladybird wrote:Let's do some math here 8) ! 80 days is about 11 weeks, so I can spend approximately 2 weeks in every continent.

I have this thing for :arrow: Italy, so I think I would start with it and :arrow: then I would visit all the 7 wonders of the world. :arrow: After that, I'll fly to Latin America. :arrow: I'll finish my trip in Africa to visit my grandfather who lives there. A Safari would be a great way to end the adventure. :idea:

Flying? Oh no, cruising only, missy. Or you can do it by using other means of transportation such as taking a train, cab, camel, donkey, horse, or you can walk. Flying is way too easy. :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Adventure & Travel