EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Tell me about your country!

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Tell me about your country!

Postby xime » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:01 am

Hi everybody :D , my name is Ximena and I'm new (I hope to make a lot of friends :o ), I'm 19 years old and I'm from Costa Rica.

I would like to know where you are from and maybe you can also tell me about your country, the culture, festivals, food...everything you want as the same form, if you want to know more about my Costa Rica, please ask me :)

I´m going to start :D

Costa Rica is a small country ubicated in Centro America. Costa Rica is well-known by his beaches and volcanoes. Tomorrow (September 15th) we will be celebrating our independence day, a lot of parades will be celebrated in the main streets! of course I will be there :D !
xime

Re: Tell me about your country!

Postby DsAyReD » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:58 am

My country is TURKEY!

Turkey has very special geographical.it has 4 sead side around of Turkey.particularly ,in summers Turkey is very crowd the Mediterraean sea.
Ankara is capital of Turkey.But Istanbul city is more special than Ankara.
Istanbul is metropolis a city.very crawded but very nice.

And i was in Oludeniz/Turkey in this summer.I have made paragline.It was very crazy..:) I was in 1700 m higt :)

DsAyReD

Postby xime » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Wow very interesting!!!!!:D!!! And what about the holidays 8)? I would like to know what kind of festivals or activities you celebrate :o
xime

Postby qinzhihu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:33 am

I am from China.A very large country.
qinzhihu
Silver Member

Postby xime » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:11 pm

qinzhihu wrote:I am from China.A very large country.

That's true! very large! Can you please tell me more about your country, like the food, people and turistic places :o ? 8)

saradelfina wrote:Hello!!!
My name's Sara, and I have 23 yaers old.
I'm from Italy.
It's a beatiful country. Good food and good people(not always, but often!!! :lol: )

DsAyReD, it's very intersting the turkey.
and Ximena your country is fantastic!!!!

Hi Sara!!Wow Italy! Nice 8 ! I would like to visit it someday!!! Can you suggest me any place? :o
xime

Beautiful China

Postby qinzhihu » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:28 am

China locates on the east of Asia,she has large area,and so many people,she has 32 provinces,and the food is diffrent with Europe and America,she has 5000 years of history,welcome to China,i think you will like it.
qinzhihu
Silver Member

Postby xime » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Nice 8) ! qinzhihu which turistic places would you recommend me :D in China ?
xime

Postby gem » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:52 am

Hi Sara! Italy is a beautiful and very historical country...i had the opportunity to work there in 1990 to 1994....in Milan and Bologna...i got the chance to meet Italian friends and they are very nice people at first its very difficult coz of the cultural differences and the language barrier but i tried to learn Italian language to communicate well...I love the pasta, pizza italian made...but i did not have the chance to know you country more...can you share anything about your country?
gem
Silver Member

Postby phuongmeo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:14 am

saradelfina wrote:Hello!!!
My name's Sara, and I have 23 yaers old.
I'm from Italy.
It's a beatiful country. Good food and good people(not always, but often!!! :lol: )

DsAyReD, it's very intersting the turkey.
and Ximena your country is fantastic!!!!

Hi Sara, I'm very glad to meet you here. I'm Phuong, and I'm 24 years old. I had an Italian friend also, he live in Napoli. We met in Hanoi in his vacation, he was my customer (because I work for a travel agency, :)

Im very interesting in your country and its people.
phuongmeo

Re: Tell me about your country!

Postby trungkienb » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:29 am

I've never been to Italy but My dad, who has been there, told me about Italy a lot. He often told me about Venice, it's like paradise, it's amazing.
I havent been to neither Costa nor Turkey, but I also heard some about your countries. I love to travel to there.
trungkienb
Silver Member

Next

Return to Adventure & Travel