Welcome to Taiwan!!!!!!!!!

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

superkakoi

Welcome to Taiwan!!!!!!!!!

Post by superkakoi »

Last month, we passed through Tainan train station. In front of the train station, there are many street vendors. We found many new things and ate delicious traditional Taiwanese delicacies. After shopping, we went back to the train station. Finally, we took the train and reached next place. :D
ohohoh
Tainan is a southern city of Taiwan. People live there most of them speak Taiwanese.
They are generous. There are many delicious traditional Taiwanese delicacies. For example, coffin toast, rice tube pudding, Candied Fruits, Tainan Traditional Wedding Cake.
Last edited by superkakoi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sebas

Post by sebas »

wow!!! trains :!: that's great! Hi I am Sebas and I'm from Costa Rica. Here we does have a train but it is like 2 km/per hour.... too slow... :( jaja. Its only one and has limit distance... I'm freshman and really want to know about your culture and what kind of activities did you celebrate (holidays)? I'd like to from a nice conversation :!:
superkakoi

Nice to meet you!!!

Post by superkakoi »

sebas wrote:wow!!! trains :!: that's great! Hi I am Sebas and I'm from Costa Rica. Here we does have a train but it is like 2 km/per hour.... too slow... :( jaja. Its only one and has limit distance... I'm freshman and really want to know about your culture and what kind of activities did you celebrate (holidays)? I'd like to from a nice conversation :!:
Hello
My name is Julia. I am 18 years old. I am a freshman in a university where lacated in southern Tiawan. Our school's location is near Tainan. We also take a bus from our university to the train station.
We have many festivals. I think the recently is Christmas. I don't live in Tainan so I can't tell you more. Nice to meet you.
sebas

Re: Nice to meet you!!!

Post by sebas »

Hello
My name is Julia. I am 18 years old. I am a freshman in a university where lacated in southern Tiawan. Our school's location is near Tainan. We also take a bus from our university to the train station.
We have many festivals. I think the recently is Christmas. I don't live in Tainan so I can't tell you more. Nice to meet you.
Thanks for your reply :wink: I'm also a freshman and take a bus to go to collage... I think you have like traditional festival. Can you tell me some festivals that you consider that are traditional or unique on your country :?:
superkakoi

Re: Nice to meet you!!!

Post by superkakoi »

sebas wrote:
Hello
Thanks for your reply :wink: I'm also a freshman and take a bus to go to collage... I think you have like traditional festival. Can you tell me some festivals that you consider that are traditional or unique on your country :?:
Hi! Actually, we have main twelve festivals but I think that our festivals are more than twelve. The New Year's Eve is the last day of lunar calendar. We usually do many activities on Chinese New Year's Eve. We will post New Year couplet. We will worship of ancestors. We will surround the stove. We will take red envelope. We will bring in the new year. We will let off firecrackers. I think that is a famous festival in Taiwan. Is this is your homework? I am just kidding! hahaha
sebas

Post by sebas »

No more homework? That was cancel because it was too difficult tho get info...And that you prepare for new year? Here in CR we love party!!! and almost in all houses there are families union and then like a family party with some fire games to make it more attractive :!: :!: In general we love party